Parthenon Tours and Tickets
The star of Athens postcards and arguably the most impressive of all the city’s ancient ruins, the Parthenon stands proud atop the sacred rock of Acropolis, high above the modern city.
Built between 447 and 432 BC, the temple was dedicated to Greek goddess Athena and originally housed her cult image, a giant ivory and gold-plated statue by Fidias. The restored temple, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is a striking reminder of the glory of Ancient Greece with its grand marble façade, classic Doric columns, and elaborate sculptural friezes. The site also serves as a fascinating chronicle of Athens’ history.
Tours and Tickets to Experience Parthenon
- Theatre of Dionysus
- Odeon of Herodes Atticus (Odeio Irodou Attikou)
- Ilias Lalaounis Jewelry Museum
- Agora of Athens
- Dora Stratou Greek Dances Theater
- Acropolis Museum (Museo Akropoleos)
- Choragic Monument of Lysicrates
- Arch of Hadrian
- Frissiras Museum
- Metropolitan Cathedral of Athens (Mitropoli)