Sri Chamarajendra Park (Cubbon Park)
The park is painted a different color each season as trees flower and drop their petals, creating a beautiful carpet of flowers. Those who want a quiet moment for contemplation head to the park’s atmospheric bamboo groves and lotus ponds.
Sri Chamarajendra Park is also the home to several important government buildings, including the Karnataka High Court, the Central Library, and the Government Museum and Art Gallery, and you’re likely to find yourself here at least once during the course of your stay in Bangalore (most tours come here, too).
Things to know before you go
- Cubbon Park is a must-visit for nature lovers or anyone looking to unwind.
- Wear comfortable shoes and sunscreen for exploring the park.
- Cubbon Park is wheelchair friendly, with ramp access and paved pathways.
How to get there
Cubbon Park is located in the heart of Bangalore, and is accessible from MG Road, Kasturba Road, Hudson Circle, and Dr Ambedkar Road. The Violet Line of the Bangalore Metro stops at both the Dr. B.R. Ambedkar and Cubbon Park metro stations, right on the park. You can also reach the park from the MG Road station via a raised walkway.
When to get there
The park is a hive of activity in the early mornings and evenings, with locals descending on the park for their ritual walks, especially on dryer days. Note that the main thoroughfare running through the park, Cubbon Park Road, is open during daylight hours.
Cubbon Park Through the Seasons
In the spring, the park’s rain trees are covered with delicate pink blossoms, while summer is when the jacarandas release their bright purple blossoms, creating a brilliant tapestry on the ground. At the height of summer, it’s the gulmohar trees’ turn as they bloom and turn the park’s avenues a bright red. Twice a year, the eccentric Cannonball tree flowers, releasing the blossoms’ intoxicating perfume.
- Things to do in Coimbatore
- Things to do in Pondicherry
- Things to do in Chennai
- Things to do in Thanjavur
- Things to do in Madurai
- Things to do in Kochi
- Things to do in Jaffna
- Things to do in Goa
- Things to do in Tuticorin
- Things to do in Anuradhapura
- Things to do in Mumbai
- Things to do in Tamil Nadu
- Things to do in Kerala
- Things to do in Sigiriya
- Things to do in Northern Sri Lanka
- Vidhana Soudha
- Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain
- Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium
- National Gallery of Modern Art
- Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath
- ISKCON Temple Bangalore (Sri Radha Krishna Temple)
- Tipu Sultan's Summer Palace (Daria Daulat Bagh)
- Lalbagh Botanical Gardens
- Ragigudda Sri Prasanna Anjaneya Temple
- Fun World & Water World
- Tipu Sultan's Summer Palace
- Bangalore Palace
- KR Market (Krishnarajendra City Market)
- Bannerghatta National Park
- Bangalore Fort (Kempegowda's Fort)