L'Escolania de Montserrat
Add listening to the ethereal choir songs of one of Europe’s oldest boys choirs to your list of reasons to explore the craggy Montserrat mountainside not far from Barcelona. The boys choir, which dates back to the 13th or 14th century, is not only historic but also world famous, having recorded albums and toured to countries around the globe.
The boys, who range from ages 9-14, go to school here at the monastery, and sing in the basilica, where the public can come to watch. The roughly 50 singers are carefully selected based on a handful of criteria, one of course being their musical ability. Lucky for Montserrat visitors, the choir usually performs twice daily, making a visit to the mountainside getaway just that much more magical.
Tours and tickets to Experience L'Escolania de Montserrat
What are L'Escolania de Montserrat hours of operation?
Should I book L'Escolania de Montserrat tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit L'Escolania de Montserrat 2021?
What's the best way to experience L'Escolania de Montserrat?
- Montserrat Royal Basilica Half-Day Trip from Barcelona
- Day Trip From Barcelona: Private Half-Day Montserrat Tour With Pickup
- Montserrat 7-hour Private Tour from Barcelona with Lunch
- Montserrat Monastery with Cava Wine Tasting Small Group Tour from Barcelona
Things to do near Barcelona
- Things to do in Catalonia
- Things to do in Tarragona
- Things to do in Girona
- Things to do in Mallorca
- Things to do in Toulouse
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Ibiza
- Things to do in Montpellier
- Things to do in Valencia
- Things to do in Arles
- Things to do in Nîmes
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Avignon
- Things to do in Balearic Islands
- Things to do in Midi-Pyrénées