Basque Country Tours
* A traveler said: "We absolutely loved the tour with Claudia, she was so knowledgeable and was great fun! We learnt so much and have a great time! I highly recommended doing this if you visit San Sebastián, it’s a must :)"
* A traveler said: "This was a great day. I didn't know much about Gaztelugatxe, but it was beautiful. The walk to the chapel and back can be a bit of a challenge if you're only on so so shape, but soooooo worth it. After seeing Gaztelugatxe, we headed to Bilbao. We saw a few city sites then headed to lunch. Unfortunately, it started pouring down rain, but we all made the most of it. Lunch was great, and even better that it was included in the price. The Guggenheim was quite a site to see. My only recommendation for the company would be to clean up the car a bit, as first impressions are important, however our guide was great and the small group was just my family of 4, plus 1 more. I looked at other tours that went to Bilbao and toured the Guggenheim and the others were twice as much. This is a great tour and awesome value."
* A traveler said: "We had an amazing night experiencing the local Pintxo bars. The food was incredible and our host Eskerne made the night a wonderful memory for us. She was knowledgeable and even introduced us to the owners as we hoped from bar to bar. Delightful. Highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "Great tour, informative friendly guide. I definitely recommend this to get a few of the city and find little gems you’d like to revisit on your own"
* A traveler said: "Andoni was very knowledgeable about Rioja wine and gave us a detailed history and characteristics of the wine we were going to drink at 4 vineyards. The vineyard taste rooms were beautiful and lunch was amazing. He has a large van and it was a relaxing ride. Would highly recommend Andoni for any tour in San Sabastian and Rioja."
* A traveler said: "My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed this dining experience. Our guy, HECTOR, was fabulous. He chose the right restaurants and flavored our experience with a great deal of interesting history. We highly recommend this fun and delicious experience! Tim"
* A traveler said: "Begonia was a wonderful tour guide. Very informative. Full of information. Food and drinks were delicious and representative of the area"
* A traveler said: "Irene was a wonderful and very knowledgeable host. We had a great evening in the streets of Old Bilbao."
* A traveler said: "On time pick-up. Private tour with only our party. Competent and friendly tour guide. Interesting and informative tours at the wineries by their personnel. Tasting of top shelf wines. Ample time without being rushed through. No sales pitch. definitively worth the money."
* A traveler said: "Worth the time. Worth the money. And lots of fun. Should be more aptly called a cooking demonstration rather than a cooking class. We watched Chef Nick prepare 7 different dishes and enjoyed tasting them all. Good opportunity to learn specific techniques on preparing a diverse set of local foods. Conducted in the working kitchen of a local restaurant. Really well done and organized. Highly recommend doing this while in town!"
* A traveler said: "The tour of San Sebastian and the Basque Coast was great. Zach was knowledgeable and accommodating and knew the right places to go for a quick day of sightseeing (and eating!). Highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "We had a great day with our tour guide Stephan and our driver Florin. We saw many beautiful places in 1 day. Stephan explained a lot about the basque culture. I can recommed him and the driver. Thank you!"
* A traveler said: "Begonia was a great guide and the itinerary was fab! Bayonne was a charming fishing town, Biarritz was less fancy than I expected, and Saint Jean de Luz was super charming"
* A traveler said: "Learning the history and being able to ask questions. The enthusiasm of the guide. Everything is timed very well."
* A traveler said: "This was my first small group tour and it was absolutely excellent. Of course the tour content was great, the food was amazing as was the history, however, what really made the tour for me, was Gregory. Both my boyfriend and I agree that it was like doing a tour with an old mate we hadnt seen for years. He was very funny and outgoing whilst also being very knowledgeable. We had so much fun we arranged to meet up again the next day to tour the markets and do a causal cooking class with him over a few drinks. If you are debating whether to do a tour or just walk around and eat the Pintxo on your own, then consider this. All the food is beautiful, but the really good food is written in spanish on the chalk boards, not prepared waiting on the bar. We tried some incredible dishes and drinks that we wouldnt have known about if it hadnt of been for the local knowledge. Just some food for thought All in all I give it 6 stars...I couldnt recommend this tour enough!"
* A traveler said: "Always like Hop On - Hop Off for an introduction to a new city. This one was really helpful!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Buen Pastor Cathedral
- Church of the Sacred Heart (Iglesia del Sagrado Corazón)
- San Juan de Gaztelugatxe
- Sopelana Beach (Playa de Sopelana)
- San Sebastian Old Town (Parte Vieja Donostiarra)
- Artxanda Funicular (Funicular de Artxanda)
- Salt Valley of Añana (Valle Salado de Añana)
- Santa Clara Island (Isla de Santa Clara)
- Zubizuri Bridge
- Azkuna Zentroa
- Euskadi Biodiversity Centre
- Oma Forest (Bosque de Oma)
- San Sebastián Aquarium
- Arriange Theatre (Teatro Arriaga)
- Castle of Charles V (Parador de Hondarribia)
- Victoria Eugenia Theatre (Teatro Victoria Eugenia)
- Sanctuary of Loyola (Santuario de Loyola)
- Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve (Urdaibai Reserva de la Biosfera)
- Guggenheim Museum
- Guernica (Gernika)
- Butrón Castle (Castillo de Butrón)
- Things to do in Bilbao
- Things to do in San Sebastian
- Things to do in Aragón
- Things to do in Aquitaine
- Things to do in Castile and León
- Things to do in Santander
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Bordeaux
- Things to do in Segovia
- Things to do in Madrid
- Things to do in Midi-Pyrénées
- Things to do in Catalonia
- Things to do in Galicia
- Things to do in Languedoc-Roussillon
- Things to do in Loire Valley