Top Bayeux Cruises & Sailing
9 results | All Bayeux Tours
* A traveler said: "Communications with them was top-notch and occurred a couple of times prior to the morning pickup at our hotel. Charles, our tour guide picked us up in a nice, clean, organized van and started our tour promptly. He's a military history buff with, I believe, a degree in history. He spoke fluent English and is an incredible wealth of information not just with the D-Day Landings, but through the different eras of WWI, American Civil War, etc. The entire tour took the whole day and we covered the coastal area of Normandy and the country side. It was very thorough and his love and enthusiasm to the history of the Landings made this a very worthwhile tour. Highly recommend them and look forward to engaging them the next time I'm back!"
* A traveler said: "What an excellent tour! As a group from HMS Queen Elizabeth on a development visit to Normandy, we wanted an in depth tour of key sites. Duncan did not dissapoint! We were greeted at our accommodation by Duncan and his wife and privately transported to various sites that was bespoke to what we wanted to see whilst on the tour. His passion and knowledge of these sites was very impressive. The tour felt personal and we all learnt a vast amount."
* A traveler said: "We really enjoyed our tour with Igor. He was knowledgeable, articulate, and passionate about Norman foods and their backgrounds. We covered several cheeses, including Camembert, cider, Calvados, and pommeau. We visited cheese farms/plants, a cider mill and a calvados distillery. We sampled multiple, high quality products. We drove through beautiful countryside and had an excellent, locally sourced lunch. It is well worth the time as it is an informative and very enjoyable day."
* A traveler said: "If you enjoy history and learning about cultural roots, this tour is for you! We started in Bayeux with the Tapestry and were enthralled from then on with the history and exploits of William the Conqueror and his family. The tour ended in Caen at William the Conqueror’s burial site, so we literally had a cradle to the grave experience with a traverse through the Norman countryside stopping at key sites and being steeped in his extraordinary life and coming away with an understanding of his amazing impact and contributions to western civilization."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Airborne Museum (Musée Airborne)
- Lace Conservatory (Conservatoire de la Dentelle)
- Mulberry Harbour
- Bény-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery
- Brittany (Bretagne)
- Merville Battery (Batterie de Merville)
- Omaha Beach Memorial Museum (Musée Mémorial d’Omaha Beach)
- Ardenne Abbey (Abbey d'Ardenne)
- Memorial Museum of the Battle of Normandy (Musée Mémorial de la Bataille de Normandie)
- Sword Beach
- Bayeux Cathedral (Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Bayeux)
- Bayeux Tapestry (Tapisserie de Bayeux)
- Baron Gérard Museum of Art and History (MAHB)