Top Bayeux Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
72 results | All Bayeux Tours
* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour! Alex, our guide, was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about World War 2 history and gave us an unforgettable tour of Utah Beach and the surrounding area."
* A traveler said: "Antoine was absolutely excellent. Energetic, knowledgeable, fun, friendly, and timely. Delightful experience."
* A traveler said: "Utah beach and the American cemetery. We loved the way our guide, Tom, managed to involve us in the history"
* A traveler said: "The tour was fantastic and treated with reverance and respect for the lives lost in the fighting. We saw sights which were historically important and awe inspiring. Our tour guide, Tom, shared plenty of fascinating information and data about the events but also passionately portrayed a compelling story of the history of the war. Would recommend very highly!"
* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour! Romain, our guide, was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about the history and current operation of Mont St Michel."
* A traveler said: "We enjoyed a comfortable van ride from Bayeux to Mont Saint-Michel. Our guide led us on a tour all the way up to the abbey and through its many rooms and chapels. Along the way, he gave us a thorough overview of the history and many interesting details. The views are phenomenal! After we exited at the top, we had about 2.5 hours of free time to explore on our own and have lunch. Although the abbey is well worth the visit, the street on the way up and down is lined with overpriced, low quality souvenir shops and restaurants (all similar items and similar menus) which kind of diminished the historical mood/value of the abbey. Our van ride back to Bayeux was quite comfortable especially since we were hot and tired from the many steps up and down. Be aware that you must have good mobility and have a good sense of balance for this tour-lots of uneven cobblestone, steps, and pavement. It’s a workout, Overall, still a must do and well worth the visit."
* A traveler said: "The tour guide was excellent and I would recommend this tour for a family. It was fantastic. My teenagers loved it!!"
* A traveler said: "If you’re visiting Normandy exclusively for DDay, I highly suggest you book this tour. Distance from beach to beach or from airborne landing area are not as close as I thought they would be. Having a guide and someone to drive you around makes it 10x better."
* A traveler said: "Our guide Matthew was excellent. He picked us up at our Bayeux hotel at 830am and we didnt arrive back until 530pm. He took us to several sites and was very knowledgeable on all aspects of the Normandy period. I would highly recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "The tour was outstanding, but the lunch allowed the small group to interact and tour guide explained to us things other then related to the tour. Seeing the beaches at high and low tide really gave you a feeling of what the soldiers went through on that day"
* A traveler said: "Can not say more about this tour! Our guide was very knowledgeable and gave everyone ample time to see the sites. Definitely recommend!"
* A traveler said: "Great tour and very good and knowledgable guide. Very moving. Did a lot in 8 hours. Worth every penny."
* A traveler said: "We had a great day on this private tour. Our guide was very accommodating, especially since several in our party of four had mobility issues. She did a great job of taking us around Honfleur and it was great to see the country side in the area and especially the little town we visited in Pays d'Auge. Thanks for making it a great day for us."
* A traveler said: "Communications with them was top-notch and occurred a couple of times prior to the morning pickup at our hotel. Charles, our tour guide picked us up in a nice, clean, organized van and started our tour promptly. He's a military history buff with, I believe, a degree in history. He spoke fluent English and is an incredible wealth of information not just with the D-Day Landings, but through the different eras of WWI, American Civil War, etc. The entire tour took the whole day and we covered the coastal area of Normandy and the country side. It was very thorough and his love and enthusiasm to the history of the Landings made this a very worthwhile tour. Highly recommend them and look forward to engaging them the next time I'm back!"
* A traveler said: "Terrie was our guide, he grew up in the area and new his WW2 history, he was very personable and gave us a lot of little known facts. I would highly suggest the Band of Brothers tour, well worth the day!"
* A traveler said: "Amazing. It hit each of our must sees as we did not have much time in Normandy. Charles was great and very knowledgeable. Made us want to book a full day!"
* A traveler said: "Kate was an outstanding guide during the drive and at the monastery. Tour was great and highly recommend!"
* A traveler said: "Cedric, owner of the company, is a true pleasure to work with. He lives in the area and was so knowledgeable about history, food, landmarks, interesting facts and more. He is prompt, reliable, speaks great English and extremely professional. I will be hiring him again for other tours in the future. I highly recommend!"
* A traveler said: "Steven is an excellent driver, tour guide. Informative. This was a last minute booking for ne. Nice ride. 4 hours was ample for a taste of history."
* A traveler said: "Allain was our guide and did a terrific job! Traffic was insane as it was the 75th anniversary of D Day, he still managed to do a terrific job. Offering a discount on a future tour because of unexpected issues from extra security was a nice touch but not necessary"
* A traveler said: "Romain is an amazing tour guide. We learned so much and saw the high points during the day. We couldn’t have asked for a better tour and guide. Thank you!"
* A traveler said: "Mike was very friendly and told me a lot about history of the landing. Having known already a lot about the DD day he told me other facts, logical history tricks and scories. It is with the price... je picked me up at 8:30 close To bayeux, brought me two two extra locations. I saw many things with a lot of information : St mère Église, the story of the paratroopers on the roof, the scarces of the german bulletts, the location of the 82nd airborn division pathfinder landing... many many other treasures of history but also wondering myself trafics and critical and very tough as both cemeteries of colléville and la cambe and also french major Kieffer and Guyenne french air force tactical group mémorial. Worth the money. I advice for the gourmets of history and good tremper this trip with Mike, this tour guide, he is the boss of the Allied victory tour. Ibis budget accommodation is pretty Nice, cheap and friendly as to reserve your budget for the tour"
* A traveler said: "Renting these bikes turned out to be the best day of our 10 day trip across France. I was traveling with my niece and sister. Justin was so wonderful and easy to communicate with. He had the bikes waiting for us at our hotel in Bayeux. He also gave us tips on where to go and it felt like we had a friend in Bayeux, even though we never officially met! We took the bikes out one afternoon and rode from Bayeux to Arronmaches. My sister and I hadn't ridden bikes in years so this is definitely something you can do with any skill level. The bikes were comfortable and easy to operate. And the electric boost you can give yourself going up hills feels like cheating for sure! Once we got out of Bayeux there were designated bike paths most of the way and it was a pretty easy, straight shot. It was so cool riding along the poppy fields and when we got close to the ocean we could feel the wind on our faces well before we saw it. When we got to Arromanches we got ice cream and sat on the wall overlooking the ocean and enjoyed our well-earned reward. The memories of that day will be etched in my mind forever. I can't recommend this experience highly enough."
* A traveler said: "Amandine was wonderful! She had incredible knowledge of the site and especially the history that she shared with us! The stairs and climbing could be daunting, but she paced the tour perfectly! It was an incredible experience and one not to miss if you are in the area! And Amadine made the whole experience outstanding!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Omaha Beach Memorial Museum (Musée Mémorial d’Omaha Beach)
- Baron Gérard Museum of Art and History (MAHB)
- Lace Conservatory (Conservatoire de la Dentelle)
- Mulberry Harbour
- Brittany (Bretagne)
- Ardenne Abbey (Abbey d'Ardenne)
- Memorial Museum of the Battle of Normandy (Musée Mémorial de la Bataille de Normandie)
- Airborne Museum (Musée Airborne)
- Bayeux Tapestry (Tapisserie de Bayeux)
- Bény-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery
- Bayeux Cathedral (Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Bayeux)
- Merville Battery (Batterie de Merville)
- Sword Beach