* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour! Alex, our guide, was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about World War 2 history and gave us an unforgettable tour of Utah Beach and the surrounding area."
* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour! Romain, our guide, was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about the history and current operation of Mont St Michel."
* A traveler said: "Anton was a wonderful guide! Smart, funny and very engaging! He was not only able to answer our questions but also tested our knowledge in order to give the best experience. Well worth the trip."
* A traveler said: "The guide was amazing by providing us with many data. Our main problem was that the boy couldn't speak good spanish."
* A traveler said: "Utah beach and the American cemetery. We loved the way our guide, Tom, managed to involve us in the history"
* A traveler said: "Excellent guide who was extremely knowledgable about the area and history. Such fun being in this Gold Beach Adventures vehicle!"
* A traveler said: "Terrie was our guide, he grew up in the area and new his WW2 history, he was very personable and gave us a lot of little known facts. I would highly suggest the Band of Brothers tour, well worth the day!"
* A traveler said: "The tour guide was excellent and I would recommend this tour for a family. It was fantastic. My teenagers loved it!!"
* A traveler said: "Mike was very friendly and told me a lot about history of the landing. Having known already a lot about the DD day he told me other facts, logical history tricks and scories. It is with the price... je picked me up at 8:30 close To bayeux, brought me two two extra locations. I saw many things with a lot of information : St mère Église, the story of the paratroopers on the roof, the scarces of the german bulletts, the location of the 82nd airborn division pathfinder landing... many many other treasures of history but also wondering myself trafics and critical and very tough as both cemeteries of colléville and la cambe and also french major Kieffer and Guyenne french air force tactical group mémorial. Worth the money. I advice for the gourmets of history and good tremper this trip with Mike, this tour guide, he is the boss of the Allied victory tour. Ibis budget accommodation is pretty Nice, cheap and friendly as to reserve your budget for the tour"
* A traveler said: "We enjoyed a comfortable van ride from Bayeux to Mont Saint-Michel. Our guide led us on a tour all the way up to the abbey and through its many rooms and chapels. Along the way, he gave us a thorough overview of the history and many interesting details. The views are phenomenal! After we exited at the top, we had about 2.5 hours of free time to explore on our own and have lunch. Although the abbey is well worth the visit, the street on the way up and down is lined with overpriced, low quality souvenir shops and restaurants (all similar items and similar menus) which kind of diminished the historical mood/value of the abbey. Our van ride back to Bayeux was quite comfortable especially since we were hot and tired from the many steps up and down. Be aware that you must have good mobility and have a good sense of balance for this tour-lots of uneven cobblestone, steps, and pavement. It’s a workout, Overall, still a must do and well worth the visit."
* A traveler said: "Terrific guide. Charles was well informed and gave us time to really absorb each site we visited. Thorough and respectful of the setting."
* A traveler said: "Kate was an outstanding guide during the drive and at the monastery. Tour was great and highly recommend!"
* A traveler said: "Cedric, owner of the company, is a true pleasure to work with. He lives in the area and was so knowledgeable about history, food, landmarks, interesting facts and more. He is prompt, reliable, speaks great English and extremely professional. I will be hiring him again for other tours in the future. I highly recommend!"
* A traveler said: "Tour guide was excellent! We learned a lot about history, WWII strategies, topography of the area, etc."
* A traveler said: "Amazing. It hit each of our must sees as we did not have much time in Normandy. Charles was great and very knowledgeable. Made us want to book a full day!"
* A traveler said: "The tour was outstanding, but the lunch allowed the small group to interact and tour guide explained to us things other then related to the tour. Seeing the beaches at high and low tide really gave you a feeling of what the soldiers went through on that day"
* A traveler said: "Can not say more about this tour! Our guide was very knowledgeable and gave everyone ample time to see the sites. Definitely recommend!"
* A traveler said: "Steven is an excellent driver, tour guide. Informative. This was a last minute booking for ne. Nice ride. 4 hours was ample for a taste of history."
* A traveler said: "Our guide Matthew was excellent. He picked us up at our Bayeux hotel at 830am and we didnt arrive back until 530pm. He took us to several sites and was very knowledgeable on all aspects of the Normandy period. I would highly recommend this tour."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Lace Conservatory (Conservatoire de la Dentelle)
- Baron Gérard Museum of Art and History (MAHB)
- Bayeux Cathedral (Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Bayeux)
- Sword Beach
- Merville Battery (Batterie de Merville)
- Mulberry Harbour
- Bény-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery
- Brittany (Bretagne)
- Airborne Museum (Musée Airborne)
- Ardenne Abbey (Abbey d'Ardenne)
- Omaha Beach Memorial Museum (Musée Mémorial d’Omaha Beach)
- Memorial Museum of the Battle of Normandy (Musée Mémorial de la Bataille de Normandie)
- Bayeux Tapestry (Tapisserie de Bayeux)
- Omaha Beach
- Mont Saint-Michel
- Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial
- Juno Beach Centre (Centre Juno Beach)
- Utah Beach D-Day Museum (Musée du Débarquement)
- Bayeux War Cemetery
- Pointe du Hoc