Things to Do in Boston This Summer
Basking in near-constant sunshine, Boston sparkles from June to August, serving up a multitude of outdoor sights, adventures, and summery trips to New England’s vacation hot spots. From whale-spotting cruises to sampling cold craft beers and discovering Cape Cod’s beaches, here are some must-do experiences in Boston this summer.
- Look for humpback and minke whales in the seas off Boston on a whale-watching cruise.
- Watch Boston’s top landmarks glide by, and hop out to explore further, on a hop-on-hop-off-trolley tour.
- Book a food tour of the North End to enjoy seafood and Italian specialities including Boston’s legendary lobster rolls.
- See Hyannis Port and Cape Cod’s beaches and seafood shacks at their summertime best on a Cape Cod day trip.
- Enjoy the sun as you check out Boston’s colonial sites on a walking tour from the Freedom Trail to Copley Square.
- View the sunset and hear the evening cannon of the USS Constitution during a harbor cruise on a 1920s-style yacht.
- Ride a ferry, discover harbor villages, and see where the movie Jaws was filmed on a day trip to Martha’s Vineyard.
- Relish the cool of evening and Boston’s illuminations on a nighttime bike tour along the city’s waterfront.
- Fly to Niagara Falls on a day trip and marvel at the crashing waters from the Maid of the Mist sightseeing boat.
- Quench your thirst by sampling ice-cold, local craft beers on a Boston brewery tour.