Empire Fulton Ferry in Brooklyn Bridge Park Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
Named after the 17th-century Brooklyn to Manhattan ferry, Empire Fulton Ferry is one of the most scenic spots in Brooklyn Bridge Park. At the foot of the Brooklyn Bridge, the park offers picnic areas, riverside walkways, and one of NYC’s top viewpoints, looking out over the East River to the Lower Manhattan skyline.
Whether stopping by on a walking tour of the Brooklyn Bridge, spending an afternoon in Brooklyn Bridge Park, or enjoying lunch at a cafe, you have many ways to enjoy Empire Fulton Ferry Park. For the best views, head to Fulton Ferry Landing, a popular spot for wedding photos. Or, take a ride on historic Jane’s Carousel, attend a concert at St. Ann’s Warehouse, and browse the shops and cafes at the Empire Stores complex.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Don’t forget your camera—the views across to Manhattan and the Financial District are highly photogenic.
- There are restrooms, a picnic area, and cafes at Empire Fulton Ferry.
- The historic Empire Stores complex is also home to the Brooklyn Historical Society museum.
- The park is accessible for wheelchairs and strollers.
How to Get There
Empire Fulton Ferry is located in Dumbo, a neighborhood at the southern end of the Brooklyn Bridge. It's part of Brooklyn Bridge Park. The closest subway station is F at York Street, about a 10-minute walk.
When to Get There
The park is open 24/7, and it can get busy, especially at lunchtime and on summer weekends. It’s worth visiting at different times of day and night to admire the views—early risers watch the sunrise over the Manhattan skyline before grabbing a coffee and bagel from a waterfront cafe, while others gather at night to watch the sunset. After dark, the cityscape glitters.
Brooklyn Bridge Park
Empire Fulton Ferry is part of Brooklyn Bridge Park—an idyllic stretch of parklands, riverside promenades, salt marshes, and flower gardens—which lies along the banks of the East River, south of the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges. Visitors can walk or cycle the Brooklyn Greenway route through the park; enjoy activities including kayaking, basketball, and rollerblading at Pier 2; discover the exploratory maze at Pier 3; and relax on sandy beaches at Piers 4 and 6.
Address: 1 Water Street, Brooklyn, New York 11201, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Empire Fulton Ferry in Brooklyn Bridge Park
No results found!
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Salem
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Montreal
- Things to do in New Jersey
- Things to do in Pennsylvania