Cars at Autoworld are displayed in different themed zones, including a vintage 1910 coach room, a 1960s sports car gallery, and a simulated mechanic’s garage. A chronological timeline highlights the most popular European makes and models from the 1800s to supercars of the 21st century, while the “Zone USA” features American dream cars from Corvette, Cadillac, and Mustang. In addition to the permanent collection, temporary exhibits such as British cars, VW Love Bugs, and motorcycles rotate throughout the year. A gift shop sells postcards, key chains, and miniature model cars for kids and collectors.
Things to know before you go
- Avoid any wait to get inside by purchasing tickets online.
- Guided 1.5-hour tours can be arranged in advance through the Autoworld website.
- Audio guides are included with the price of admission.
- An on-site brasserie serves Belgian craft beers, coffee, and light fare.
- Children under the age of 6 can visit free of charge.
- Autoworld is entirely wheelchair accessible.
How to get there
Autoworld is located in the southern hall of the heritage Cinquantenaire building in Parc du Cinquantenaire. Parking at the Cinquantenaire esplanade is no longer possible, but paid lots are located outside the park. Several public bus and tram lines stop nearby at the Merode and Schuman stations.
When to get there
The museum is open daily, with extended hours April through November. Check the Autoworld website for upcoming special exhibitions.
Inside Brussels’ Cinquantenaire Park
Built for the 1880 National Exhibition celebrating the 50th anniversary of Belgian independence, Cinquantenaire Park is both a pleasant green space in the city center and home to some of Brussels’ best museums. In addition to Autoworld, visitors can explore the history of European warcraft and military history at the Army Museum, or admire antiquities and musical instruments from around the globe at the Museum of Art and History—one of the largest museums in Europe.
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Amsterdam
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Paris
- Things to do in Leeuwarden
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Art & History Museum
- Royal Museum of the Armed Forces and of Military History
- Cinquantenaire Park (Parc du Cinquantenaire)
- Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences
- European Parliament
- Brussels Royal Palace (Palais Royal de Bruxelles)
- BELvue Museum
- Coudenberg (Former Palace of Brussels)
- Hotel Solvay
- Magritte Museum (Musée Magritte)
- Musical Instruments Museum
- Sablon District
- Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium
- Museum of the Turn of the Century (Musée Fin-de-Siècle)
- Hotel Tassel