Things to Do in Cairns This Fall
Fall (March to May) is one of the best times to visit Cairns, when temperatures and humidity have dropped from their oppressive summer highs, but it’s not quite peak tourist season. If you are visiting Cairns in fall, you’ll have plenty of activities to choose from. Here are some ideas.
- Get your bearings on a city sightseeing tour of Cairns’ top attractions.
- Discover the underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef on a snorkeling and diving cruise.
- Splurge on a scenic helicopter tour, and soar over the Great Barrier Reef and the city’s northern beaches.
- Hop aboard the Kuranda Scenic Railway, and journey to the rain-forest village of Kuranda.
- Get a bird’s-eye view of Tropical North Queensland on a sunrise hot-air-balloon flight.
- Breakfast with koalas and see snapping crocs at Hartley’s Crocodile Park.
- Take a white-water rafting trip for an action-packed day of adventure.
- Explore the Daintree Rainforest, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, on a guided tour.
- Take advantage of the dry weather and go abseiling and ziplining in the Crystal Cascades.
- Cruise into sunset aboard a luxury catamaran on a dinner cruise.
- Things to Do in Cairns with Kids
- Romantic Things to Do in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 2 Days in Cairns
- Things to Do in Cairns This Summer
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 3 Days in Cairns & the Tropical North
- Things to Do in Cairns This Winter
- Things to Do in Cairns This Fall