Things to Do in Cairns This Spring
Springtime in Cairns, from September through November, marks the end of the dry season but provides a comfortable bridge before the wet season arrives in December. It’s also a vibrant time, when the Great Barrier Reef springs to life with the annual coral spawning in November. Here are a few ways to experience Cairns in spring.
- Discover the Great Barrier Reef’s tropical marine life on a snorkeling cruise.
- Take a scenic helicopter tour and soar over the reef and the northern beaches.
- Journey to the rain forest village of Kuranda aboard the Kuranda Scenic Railway.
- On a sunrise hot-air-balloon flight, get a bird’s-eye view of Tropical North Queensland.
- Enjoy an action-packed day of adventure on a white-water-rafting trip.
- Take a guided tour of the Daintree Rainforest UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Learn to Scuba dive on the Great Barrier Reef with a PADI Open Water dive course.
- Make the most of spawning season with a day trip to Green Island.
- See the city’s top attractions on a sightseeing tour.
- Take a sunset dinner cruise and enjoy a sumptuous meal while you soak up the view.
7 Tours and Activities
- Things to Do in Cairns with Kids
- Romantic Things to Do in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 2 Days in Cairns
- Things to Do in Cairns This Summer
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 3 Days in Cairns & the Tropical North
- Things to Do in Cairns This Winter
- Things to Do in Cairns This Spring