Winter Park’s 143 trails are grouped into seven territories, including everything from beginner slopes to the famous Mary Jane Territory which draws in moguls from around the world. Skiing and snowboarding aren’t the only ways to explore the park. You can mix it up with snowshoeing, snowcat tours, ice skating, tubing, sleigh rides, dog sledding, and fat biking. Or, visit the park in the summer on a tour of the rocky mountains.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Winter Park is frequented by winter sports enthusiasts and mountain bikers.
- The resort offers childcare, lockers, and ship-ahead luggage service.
- You can book a guide for insider access and fast lane passes.
- Lodging, dining, and shopping are available at the resort.
How to Get There
Winter Park is located 75 miles (120 kilometers) from Denver and can be reached by car, bus, or Amtrak train. There are also direct shuttle options from Denver International Airport. The Winter Park Express Amtrak train can take you from downtown Denver directly to Winter Park.
When to Get There
The park’s winter season typically runs from mid-November through mid-April and reopens for the summer activities in June. To steer clear of crowded slopes and long lift lines, avoid visiting on holidays and weekends.
Summer at Winter Park Resort Summertime in the Rocky Mountains means it’s time to trade in your skis for a mountain bike and hop back on the lift. Winter Park’s Trestle Bike Park offers lifted access to more than 40 miles (64 kilometers) of downhill, single-track mountain biking. Next door, the Winter Park Village outdoor amusement park rolls out fun for the whole family with an alpine slide, trampoline, climbing wall, and mini golf and disc golf courses.
- Things to do in Colorado
- Things to do in Fort Collins
- Things to do in Breckenridge
- Things to do in Colorado Springs
- Things to do in Vail
- Things to do in Aspen
- Things to do in Albuquerque
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Utah
- Things to do in New Mexico
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in Missouri
- Georgetown Loop Railroad
- Grand Lake Colorado
- Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave
- Lookout Mountain
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre
- Children's Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus
- Downtown Aquarium
- Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park
- Lower Downtown Denver (LoDo)
- Larimer Square
- Denver Center for the Performing Arts
- Denver 16th Street Mall
- Denver Firefighters Museum
- Denver Mint