Children’s City presents scientific topics and subjects in an entertaining, educational format, with displays designed for a wide range of kids, from toddlers to teens. The activity center contains several hands-on, interactive exhibits and programs on applied sciences, nature, space exploration, and the human body, as well as local and international culture. There is also a toddler area with age-appropriate games and entertainment, as well as a theater. Self-guided tours of Children’s City are available.
Things to know before you go
- All exhibits feature signage in both English and Arabic.
- Free Wi-Fi is available on site.
- This is a good option for families and those traveling with small kids.
- The center is wheelchair and stroller accessible.
How to get there
Children’s City is located in Creek Side Park, on the Bur Dubai side of the creek. The best way to get here is by taxi. You can also access the attraction via Dubai’s metro system; Healthcare City station on the green line is the nearest stop to Children’s City. You can also download the Makani app to help you navigate around Dubai.
When to get there
Workshops, exhibits, and entertainment programs are offered on a regular basis at Children’s City; check the website for up-to-date information. The center also hosts special events tied to religious holidays. Keep in mind that opening hours are subject to change during the holy month of Ramadan, Eid, and other occasions.
Nearby Creek Side Park
Children’s City is located within this waterside park that includes a swimming pool, kids' play areas, a cable car, amphitheater, and restaurants. Perfect for families, this green space offers plenty of activities for entertaining kids while in Dubai. Stroll along the paved promenade and watch the boats, or rent bikes and ride around the park.
- Things to do in Sharjah
- Things to do in Umm Al Quwain
- Things to do in Ras Al Khaimah
- Things to do in Abu Dhabi
- Things to do in Muscat
- Things to do in Doha
- Things to do in Manama
- Things to do in Kuwait City
- Things to do in Rajasthan
- Things to do in Maharashtra
- Things to do in Salalah
- Things to do in West Bank
- Things to do in Red Sea
- Things to do in Jammu and Kashmir
- Dubai Dolphinarium
- Wafi City Mall
- Rustar Floating Restaurant
- Museum of Illusions Dubai
- Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding (SMCCU)
- Dubai Museum
- Bur Dubai Village
- Bedouin Camps
- Dubai Creek (Khor Dubai)
- Dubai Spice Souk
- Dubai Gold Souk
- Women’s Museum at Bait Al Banat
- Sheikh Saeed Al Maktoum's House