Dublin Castle has served many functions since it was built by King John of England in 1230. Originally a defense center against Norman invaders and the seat of the English government, it has since also been the site of the Royal Mint and police headquarters. Today, the castle grounds attract visitors and function as a venue for Irish government functions and ceremonies, such as the President of Ireland's inauguration.
Tours and tickets to Experience Dublin Castle
What are Dublin Castle hours of operation?
Should I book Dublin Castle tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Dublin Castle 2021?
What's the best way to experience Dublin Castle?
- Fast-track Easy Access Book of Kells Tour with Dublin Castle
- Big Bus Dublin Open-top, Hop-on Hop-off Sightseeing Tour
- Dublin: Self-Guided City Experience
- Cycle Tours in Dublin
Things to do near Dublin
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Limerick
- Things to do in Galway
- Things to do in Shannon
- Things to do in Londonderry
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Cork
- Things to do in Cobh
- Things to do in Westport
- Things to do in Killarney
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Cardiff
- Things to do in Western Ireland
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in South West Ireland