The Book of Kells
Dating back to AD 800, the illuminated manuscript known as the Book of Kells is renowned for its extraordinary illustrations and ornamentations. Its intricate drawings incorporating Celtic and Christian traditions are a testament to the incredible craftsmanship of the medieval Irish monks believed to have created it while on the remote island of Iona in Scotland. Despite Viking raids, theft, and fights between various Irish and English factions, 680 astonishingly detailed vellum (calf-skin) pages of the book remain intact.
Tours and tickets to Experience The Book of Kells
What are The Book of Kells hours of operation?
Should I book The Book of Kells tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit The Book of Kells 2021?
What's the best way to experience The Book of Kells?
- Fast-track Easy Access Book of Kells Tour with Dublin Castle
- Big Bus Dublin Open-top, Hop-on Hop-off Sightseeing Tour
- (Nearly!) All of Dublin in 5 hours
- Explore Dublin On A Half-Day Tour With A Local Insider: Private & Personalized
Things to do near Dublin
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Limerick
- Things to do in Galway
- Things to do in Shannon
- Things to do in Londonderry
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Cork
- Things to do in Cobh
- Things to do in Westport
- Things to do in Killarney
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Cardiff
- Things to do in Western Ireland
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in South West Ireland