Rosslyn Castle (Roslin Castle) Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
While the town of Roslin is most famous for Rosslyn Chapel, it’s also the site of a beautiful ruined castle. Rosslyn Castle (also written Roslin Castle) sits on a tree-covered cliff on the north bank of the North Esk River, and while a castle has occupied the grounds since the fourteenth century, the current ruins mostly date back to 1622, when finishing touches were completed. In 1650, Rosslyn Castle was besieged by Oliver Cromwell’s troops, and what was left after cannon and mortar fire is what you see today.
A few of the castle’s more habitable rooms were fully restored and furnished by the current Earl of Rosslyn during the 1980s. Today, visitors can rent out the rooms as vacation accommodation through The Landmark Trust.
Since Rosslyn Castle remains a private residence, it can only be viewed from the outside except in the case of paying guests.
Address: Roslin EH25 9PX, Scotland
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Rosslyn Castle (Roslin Castle)
No results found!
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Inverness
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Westport
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in North West England