Gulf of Fethiye (Fethiye Körfezi) Tours and Tickets
Dotted with a dozen islands interspersed with secluded bays and inlets, and set against a backdrop of forested hills that slope dramatically up from the shore, the Gulf of Fethiye (Fethiye Körfezi) offers one of Turkey’s prettiest stretches of coastline and is deservedly popular as a boating destination.
One of the most enjoyable ways to see the area is on a daylong “12-island cruise” that takes passengers around the gulf. Most cruises make stops at about five or six of the islands (all of one of which are uninhabited), allowing time for swimming, snorkeling and other activities.
Highlights might include exploring the remains of a Byzantine church and Roman shipyard on Tersane; swimming off the long, sandy beaches of the Yassıca Adalar (“Flat Islands”); or taking a dip amidst the half-submerged Roman ruins known as “Cleopatra’s Baths.”
For travelers with more time, three- or four-day cruises, in which you sleep onboard the boat between daily excursions, allow you to experience the delights of the Gulf of Fethiye at a more leisurely pace.
Tours and Activities to Experience Gulf of Fethiye (Fethiye Körfezi)
- Fethiye Roman Theater (Telmessos Theatre)
- Fethiye Lycian Stone Sarcophagi
- Fethiye Old Town (Paspatur)
- Fethiye Museum (Fethiye Muzesi)
- Calis Beach (Calis Plaji)
- Ölüdeniz Beach and Blue Lagoon
- Gemiler Island (Gemiler Adasi)
- Butterfly Valley (Kelebekler Vadisi)
- Saklikent National Park (Saklikent Milli Parki)
- Patara Beach (Patara Plaji)
- Fethiye Lycian Rock Tombs (Tomb of Amyntas)
- Dalyan Mud Bath