San Francisco Peaks
A collection of once violent volcanoes dots the rugged high desert north of Flagstaff. Collectively called the San Francisco Peaks, or just ‘The Peaks’ by locals, today they sit dormant, offering a wilderness playground for adventurous visitors keen to hike, climb, bike or ski. The tallest is Humphrey’s Peak towering 12,633 feet, where hearty hikers can tackle a nine-mile, round-trip hike to its top. For wildlife spotting, lower elevation trails like Little Bear Trail wind through ponderosa pine, oak, and aspen forests, and the Lava River Cave offers great views and an exciting walk through a lava tube. The 44-mile Peaks Loop road is perfect for car-based sightseeing, while winter visitors can hit the slopes at Wing Mountain or the Snowbowl Ski Area.
Tours and tickets to Experience San Francisco Peaks
Should I book San Francisco Peaks tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit San Francisco Peaks 2021?
What's the best way to experience San Francisco Peaks?
- Dark Skies Astrophotography Tour
- One-Day Private Tour of Grand Canyon National Park from Phoenix-Scottsdale
- Grand Canyon South Rim by Airplane with Ground Tour
Things to do near Flagstaff
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Albuquerque
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Aspen
- Things to do in Salt Lake City
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Utah
- Things to do in New Mexico