Things to Do in Florence This Summer
Florence is fabulous any time of year, but summertime means balmy weather, Tuscan sunshine, and plenty of opportunities to eat, drink, and explore the Renaissance capital. Here are some of our favorite ways to experience Florence’s attractions and culture this summer.
- Use the heat as an excuse to eat as muchgelatoas you can stand, and even learn how to make your own at acooking class.
- Enjoy cooler weather and admire illuminated landmarks on anighttime walking tourorbike tour.
- Cruise through the hills outside the city on aVespa adventure.
- Take aboat ride on the Arno Riverfor another perspective on Florentine architecture.
- Enjoy refreshing cocktails and Italian snacks on anaperitivo tour.
- Rise above the picturesque countryside on ahot-air-balloon ride.
- Discover Chianti wine on aTuscany wine tour.
- Breathe in the fresh air above the hot pavement on a tour of theDuomo’s exclusive skywalk terraces.
- Head to the coast on aCinque Terre day tripto beat the heat and explore these exquisite Ligurian villages.