Devrent Valley (Devrent Vadisi)
Your mind isn’t playing tricks on you. The shapes that the soft volcanic tuff has been shaped into over time resemble familiar animals and shapes. Some tuffs morph into the shape of a camel while others transform into a snake, or even a dolphin, across its lunar-like landscape. Regardless of what you see, the Devrent Valley let’s imaginations run wild in this veritable rock zoo.
Recent reviews from experiences in Goreme
Things to Know Before You Go
- In addition to its animal-shaped rocks, Devrent Valley also has smaller fairy chimneys (hoodoos) the region is known for.
- A visit to Devrent is typically included on guided tours.
- Be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes, and bring plenty of drinking water.
How to Get There
Devrent Valley is a 10-minute drive from Göreme, and is located in between Avanos and Ürgüp.
When to Get There
For the best weather, visit Cappadocia and Göreme April through May and September through October. If you choose to go during summer (peak season), consider visiting the main attractions early in the morning or late afternoon to avoid the midday heat and crowds.
Göreme Open-Air Museum A short 15-minute walk from the town of Göreme, this incredible place dates back to the 4th century and later became an important monastic site during the Middle Ages. Check out the oldest, Tokali Kilise (Buckle Church), and best-preserved, Karanl?k Kilise (Dark Church), churches to see some spectacular frescoes.
- Things to do in Cappadocia
- Things to do in Urgup
- Things to do in Kayseri
- Things to do in Ankara
- Things to do in Alanya
- Things to do in Antalya
- Things to do in Larnaca
- Things to do in Trabzon
- Things to do in Pamukkale
- Things to do in Beirut
- Things to do in Istanbul
- Things to do in Marmaris
- Things to do in Rhodes
- Things to do in Turkish Riviera
- Things to do in Turkish Black Sea Coast