Halong Bay Tours
* A traveler said: "Amazing tour we followed all the things which was mentioned in the itinerary Emmy our tour guide she was amazing and the trip went very good on time pickup food was good very friendly people"
* A traveler said: "Wonderful experience jadesail is a true beauty ,loved it starting from the ambience to the food......"
* A traveler said: "Amazing time !!! Everything exceeded expectations. The rooms, food, and crew were great. We did 1 night 2 days and wish we did 2 nights 3 days. Don't miss this experience!"
* A traveler said: "Sadly the weather kept us from staying overnight, but the company tried their best to accommodate. There was some confusion as we wanted to stay the night in halong bay city, but hotel was booked for us in the middle of nowhere and we weren’t able to cancel. We were refunded for part of trip!"
* A traveler said: "My 74 year old mother and I had the most incredible, most magnificent experience on the luxurious Genesis Regal Cruise through the most stunning UNESCO World Heritage Site of Halong Bay. We stayed one night on this 5 star expedition, but wished that we had stayed 2 nights. We were so stunned by the 5 star beauty of our gorgeous bedroom and bathroom with the so very modern, clean, and beautiful amenities. The freestanding bathtub even gave great impetus for my mother to take a soak and my mother is not one who takes baths. The views out of our massive window to the bay were breathtaking. My very hypercritical mother was even blown away by the views and couldn't stop looking. The crew were so very courteous, friendly, professional, and fun. I cannot thank Phi Phi, Alex, and Ling enough for their kindness, professionalism, and fun spirits. I felt like we became fast friends. They placed 100% effort in ensuring that we all had an informative and enjoyable time aboard. The amount of food was immense and delicious! The food was refined and noticeably created by a 5 star chef. Drinks are charged, but they are well worth it and very inexpensive as compared to American prices. There are only a few negatives that can be corrected. One of their local tours involves visiting a local family who live and work on a boat. There is a limited amount of locals who are allowed to do so. We were transported to board this house boat and meet some members of the family and be given some local information. I was eager to experience the culture of the local people, but it was very awkward as the father of the household was sleeping in the middle of the room on a large bed. Other men were playing cards which was fine, but they were smoking. If you are allergic to smoke or do not want your children or elder family members to be in the line of smoke for about 30 minutes or so, this is not a good part of the tour. They also had us sit on a rug on the floor, but this was not easy for my elderly mother. I would advise that Genesis remove this part of the tour from their itinerary or provide these pieces of information to the tour group so they can make a decision whether or not to participate. I also wanted to convey that with the limo bus tour guide (I believe her name was Lin) who led us to Halong Bay, she was very friendly and kind, but it was difficult to understand her and she would constantly make us guess answers to statistics that we had no clue about. It is better to take a note from some professional tour guides who are well informed about the local history and can convey the information without tiring the tour group out with guesses. Otherwise, I would highly recommend Genesis Regal Cruises for at least one overnight stay. It is so very worth it and so very affordable. Do not go with less than 5 stars or a less expensive cruise. It's not worth it. Genesis Regal is the cruise to go with!!"
* A traveler said: "Cabin with balcony was great. Lots of food and activities planned. Pickup and drop off at hotel was as promised."
* A traveler said: "Transport efficient and guide made getting on the boat wasy. The lunch was very tasty and plenty of it. Halong Bay very beautiful. Boat trip cool as were the caves. Guide's English was good!"
* A traveler said: "Was a wonderful tour, very relaxing and enjoyable. Did the full day tour and wasn't sure I would like the included lunch, but is was delicious!"
* A traveler said: "Really impressed by the luxury on the ship, level of service, and food Joy the tour manager has created a wonderful team This tour is worth the money"
* A traveler said: "Perfect boat, the best!, wonderful staff always at hand and eager to please. The bay is beautiful and the 2 nights cruise is the ideal, the biking was fantastic."
* A traveler said: "Awesome tour. Halong Bay is beautiful. This is a must do experience. They need to improve the bus trip to and from Halong Bay. It's a bumpy ride and the seats are very uncomfortable and very squashy. It was horrible. Thank goodness Halong Bay was so awesome."
* A traveler said: "Brilliant day trip our guide hoang was superb he took us to all the caves and view points and his information really made the day !"
* A traveler said: "Excellent tour. Driver and tour guide met us right where the tender dropped us off and we got started on our drive to Ha Noi. Be warned it is a very long drive 3.5-4 but worth it!"
* A traveler said: "It was a lovely tour. We joined in Halong a group that had leaves from Hanoi. The landscape is simply standing and the general experience was more than worth the price"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Things to do in Northern Vietnam
- Things to do in Hanoi
- Things to do in Nanning
- Things to do in Sanya
- Things to do in Hue
- Things to do in Luang Prabang
- Things to do in Yangshuo
- Things to do in Da Nang
- Things to do in Vientiane
- Things to do in Guilin
- Things to do in My Son
- Things to do in Kunming
- Things to do in Guiyang
- Things to do in Guangxi
- Things to do in Southern China