A visit to the former convict settlement of Port Arthur offers harrowing insight into Australia’s convict history. The vast complex is now both a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Tasmania’s most visited tourist attraction. Here are your options for Port Arthur tours from Hobart.
Open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Salamanca Pl , Hobart, Australia, TAS 7000
Guided tours of the Parliament House are available on days when the Parliament isn’t sitting. Tours take place at 10am and 2pm and last about 90 minutes. On days when the Parliament is actively sitting, it’s still possible to watch the proceedings by viewing from the public gallery.
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in North Island
- Things to do in Northern Territory