Tasmania’s capital has it all—historic sights, stunning natural scenery, and lively neighborhoods—but with just 24 hours in Hobart, it’s best to focus on the highlights. Plan your itinerary wisely to maximize your time, or join a guided tour to ensure you don’t miss anything. Here are some ideas.
Hobart Convict Penitentiary
Brisbane and Campbell Streets, Hobart, Australia, TAS 7000
The Hobart Convict Penitentiary is located at the corner of Brisbane and Campbell Streets. Guided tours take place Sunday through Friday at 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Saturday tours take place at 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. only. Adult admission is $12 and a family pass is available for $25. Discounts are available for pre-bookings. Ghost tours take place on Monday and Friday nights only.
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in North Island
- Things to do in Northern Territory