A visit to the former convict settlement of Port Arthur offers harrowing insight into Australia’s convict history. The vast complex is now both a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Tasmania’s most visited tourist attraction. Here are your options for Port Arthur tours from Hobart.
Hobart Salamanca Market
41 Salamanca Pl, Hobart, Australia, TAS 7001
Salamanca Market is within walking distance from most parts of Hobart. It is open every Saturday from 8:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. Since most vendors break down shop around 2:30, it’s a good idea to arrive by noon for the best market experience.
Deb our guide was brilliant. Her knowledge on Hobart was fantastic. I will be recommending this tour to all of our friends.
Jenny_G, Jul 2021
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in North Island
- Things to do in Northern Territory