South Bruny National Park Tours and Activities
South Bruny National Park is a perfect place to escape the hustle of Hobart and experience the true beauty of Tasmania countryside. This scenic getaway on the southern tip of Bruny Island offers visitors the best of both land and sea—from coastal cliffs to secluded beaches. It’s ideal for a quick day trip or an overnight camping excursion.
Visitors can spend the morning collecting shells along the beach’s shore or taking a leisurely dip in one of the park’s sheltered swim areas (a local favorite is near Jetty Beach). Experienced surfers love the serious waves that break at Cloudy Bay, where rustic campsites are almost always available for a small fee.
Birders and botanists will love exploring the lush rainforest just beyond the sand, where dozens of plants and bird species indigenous to Tanzania thrive. Curious sorts can explore the remains of an old whaling station at Grass Point or wander to Cape Bruny Lighthouse, the second oldest of its kind in the country.
Day-trippers and less experienced hikers can wander along shorter trails, like the memorable trek to Grass Point or Fluted Cape. More challenging routes, like the Labillardiere Peninsula Circuit or East Cloudy Head trail are best left to fit visitors planning to spend at least a night.
Tours and Activities to Experience South Bruny National Park
Frequently Asked Questions
- Bruny Island Day Tour, Includes Lunch and Exclusive Lighthouse Tour
- 7-Day Super Value Tour of Tasmania: Explore Tasmania's West and East Coasts
- Small-Group Day Trip from Hobart to Bruny Island
- 4-Day Fabulous Tasmania Tour: Wineglass Bay, Port Arthur, Devils & Bruny Island
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in North Island
- Things to do in Northern Territory