Top Hobart Outdoor Activities
85 results | All Hobart Tours
* A traveler said: "We had an amazing time in Bruny Island. Absolutely gorgeous! I'd highly recommend it. Our tour guide Rick was very knowledgeable and made it very enjoyable with his little trivias about the place."
* A traveler said: "Very much enjoyed by all. Jarrod was very informative and friendly guide. We would recommend to friends and family. Rainforest and views from Mt Wellington the highlights and interesting information along the way!!"
* A traveler said: "Snow!! The drive was great and the guide was very friendly and approachable. We would recommend to anyone"
* A traveler said: "Was an enjoyable cruise with lots of history and information shared. The Captain was very knowledgeable and informative. The included lunch was lovely"
* A traveler said: "An excellent way to get around Hobart and to see all the sights. We hopped off for lunch at the Cascade Brewery one day and at the Royal Botanical Gardens the next. The staff were friendly, professional and helpful. We would highly recommend this experience to others."
* A traveler said: "We had a wonderful time on the Port Aurthur Tour. We had the chance to see so many amazing sights and learn the history of convict living in Tasmania. Jim was a great driver, educator and jokester! I would definitely recommend this tour to others."
* A traveler said: "This whole experience was wonderful. Drivers knowledge of the area and its native flora and fauna was impressive. The lookout itself was simply stunning. We’ll set up with easily accessible indoor and outdoor viewing platforms and toilets. While on our journey up the mountain there was some snowfall which added to the thrill of the experience."
* A traveler said: "This was a great day out visiting some must-see sites. Our tour guide, Jeremy, was very knowledgeable and has so much passion for the history and flora of Mt Field. All his knowledge made the visit to Mt Field 10x better than it would have been if we chose to visit by ourselves. The visit to Bonorong was educational, and we were fortunate to have a beautiful and clear day at the top of Mt Wellington, for a view that shouldn't be missed. Highly recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "we had a great day at Bruny Island through this tour. our guide made sure we have enough time to enjoy every stop. he made sure we cover everything in the itinerary and added a few stops on the way. very knowledgeable about the island and impressive on his knowledge about the local plants."
* A traveler said: "A very enjoyable experience with our tour guide. Very knowledgeable with the places we visited and it was so good that we didn't have too rush."
* A traveler said: "Deb our guide was brilliant. Her knowledge on Hobart was fantastic. I will be recommending this tour to all of our friends."
* A traveler said: "Absolutely one of the best experiences we have been on. A great team, professional communication and overall a fantastic day! Thank you. Photos wouldn’t load sorry."
* A traveler said: "A fun trip filled with local knowledge, humor, great food and drinks along the way. Its great to just sit back and take it all in."
* A traveler said: "Excellent tour. Very informative. The boat tour was fantastic. Great views, lots of wildlife. Saw lots of bruny Island aswell"
* A traveler said: "Tim was an outstanding tour guide. Friendly, funny and very knowledgeable. Outstanding service. Highly recommended"
* A traveler said: "I can't speak highly enough of this Under Down Under tour, and our guides Tim and Ian. I originally booked the tour because I was unable to hire a car, as it seemed to cover many of the sites that I had planned to visit. I ended up getting so much more, as our guides took us to places of which I was not previously aware, and they explained so much about what I was looking at, that I would not have known had I been driving about by myself. We were in a group of 18, of mixed ages and nationalities, and that enriched the experience even more for me, as I would have been a solo traveller. The highlights were the amazing National Parks ( The Russell and Nelson Falls, Lake St Clair, Cradle Mountain,the Gordon River, The Freycinet National Park, The Bay of Fires and the food (fresh oysters, amazing ice cream). Accommodation was in backpackers' hostels, and we bought our own food, so don't expect five star hotels. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and would probably choose to do a tour again in preference to travelling on my own."
* A traveler said: "Traveling with a local made this the best! Eating with locals in Richmond. A good chance to see a bit of Tamania."
* A traveler said: "Boat ride of the national park The lake was like glass Made for great photos and A special lunch and morning tea Was a cherry on top."
* A traveler said: "The cliff top walk was amazing!! Jaw dropping views and serene nature, port Arthur was fantastic, such history! The amazing stops on the way were incredible, the guide were fantastic too"
* A traveler said: "Mark the guide/driver was fantastic, Richmond was very pretty and interesting. I loved Bonorong, hearing about the animals and what the sanctuary does was so interesting. Really enjoyed feeding the kangaroos."
* A traveler said: "Lunch in the harbour in our kayak was a great experience and our tour guide pip was fantastic and kept us well entertained."
* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour and tour company. Caitlin's customer service was absolutely amazing from the time she picked me up from Hobart to dropping me off to the hotel. Michael our driver was extremely knowledgeable about the coast line. We saw so much wild life such as seals, dolphins, birds, wombats, pademelons, wallabys and kangaroos."
* A traveler said: "Was a very nice tour done at a leisure pace.The tour guide PHIL was very knowledgeable and made the day extra special."
* A traveler said: "The views were impressive and the weather was kind. Big thanks to our guide for his simple, helpful tips in the off-road sections.. Enjoyed the afternoon 😊"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Bruny Island Day Tour, Includes Lunch and Exclusive Lighthouse Tour
- Day Tour in Mt. Field, Mt. Wellington, Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary and Richmond
- kunanyi / Mt Wellington Explorer Bus - 2 Hour Return Tour
- Wineglass Bay & Freycinet NP Full Day Tour from Hobart via Richmond Village
- 2-Hour Small-Group Walking Tour of Hobart
- Russell Falls
- Hobart Salamanca Market
- Queens Domain
- Richmond Gaol
- St. George's Anglican Church
- Macquarie Wharf Cruise Ship Terminal (Hobart Cruise Port)
- North Hobart
- Tasman Bridge
- Convict Trail
- Huon Valley
- Constitution Dock
- Hobart Sandy Bay
- Tahune Forest AirWalk
- Tinderbox Marine Reserve
- Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens
- Cascades Female Factory Historic Site
- Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- St. David's Cathedral
- Tasmanian Devil Unzoo (Taranna Wildlife Park)
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in North Island
- Things to do in Northern Territory