Hoi An Silk Village (Lang Lua Hoi An)
In a garden shaded by the mulberry trees silkworms love, artisans make their way through every stage of the silk process, from feeding the grubs leaves to boiling the pupa to teasing out the threads, dying, and weaving. Book a tour to try your hand at this fine art, with the help of one of the weavers, dress up in fine silks for a photo shoot, shop handmade silk, or enjoy the local costumes on display at the museum. Tours normally leave from Hoi An or Da Nang.
Things to know before you go
- While priced higher than most Hoi An tailors, the Hoi An Silk Village has a great range of fabrics and makes a good spot to order that custom ao dai.
- Hoi An Silk Village is stroller-friendly and welcomes kids.
- The resort has accessible rooms and accessible bathrooms and much of the Silk Village is accessible to travelers who use wheelchairs.
How to get there
The Hoi An Silk Village sits just outside Hoi An Ancient Town, about a 1-mile (1.5-kilometer) walk northwest of the Japanese Covered Bridge. There’s no public transport so tours can be a good option for getting around town, especially if you’re not comfortable on a scooter.
When to get there
The resort element of Hoi An Silk Village operates 24/7 all year round. The silk workshops and silk courses run during the day, while the shop operates into the evenings.
Arts and Crafts Classes in Hoi An
Hoi An’s laid-back lifestyle and postcard-perfect streets make the perfect setting to discover your own creativity with an arts or crafts class. Lantern-making classes are a classic choice; the Thanh Ha Pottery Village offers ceramics lessons; or work with local artisans to learn the basics of traditional painting, bamboo basketry, or silk weaving.
- Things to do in Central Vietnam
- Things to do in My Son
- Things to do in Da Nang
- Things to do in Hue
- Things to do in Sanya
- Things to do in Nha Trang
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Ho Chi Minh City
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Can Tho
- Things to do in Krong Kaeb
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam
- Things to do in Mekong Delta
- Phung Hung Ancient House
- Japanese Covered Bridge (Chua Cau)
- Cantonese Assembly Hall (Hoi Quan Quang Dong)
- Hoi An Museum (Bao Tang Hoi An)
- Museum of Sa Huynh Culture
- Tan Ky Old House
- Museum of Trade Ceramics
- Hoi An Handicraft Workshop
- Phuc Kien Assembly Hall (Fujian Assembly Hall)
- Quan Cong Temple
- Hainan Assembly Hall (Hoi Quan Hai Nam)
- Hoi An Central Market (Cho Hoi An)
- Hoi An Ancient Town
- Thanh Ha Terracotta Park
- Tra Que Vegetable Village