Tra Que Vegetable Village
For travelers interested in Vietnamese cuisine, Tra QueVegetable Village is the ideal place to take part in a cookery class. Tours from Hoi An typically include a bicycle ride around the plantations of Tra Que, a cooking class that focuses on local delicacies such as Vietnamese summer rolls and fish fried in banana leaf, and a visit to Thanh Nam fishing village, where you can explore the mangroves in a spinning basket boat.
Things to Know Before You Go
Entry to Tra QueVegetable Village is free.
A stop at the vegetable village is a must for foodies and nature lovers.
Go hungry—the village is home to several organic restaurants.
How to Get There
Tra QueVegetable Village is located 1.8 miles (3 kilometers) from Hoi An and is accessible by bike, taxi, or on foot. If you want to skip the hassle of navigation, the easiest way to reach the village is as part of a guided tour.
When to Get There
You can access Tra QueVegetable Village between 7:30am and 5pm, with most tours heading to the village around noon for a cooking class or organic lunch. If you’re exploring on your own, try to visit in the morning or before sunset for the coolest temperatures.
The Agricultural Practices of Tra Que Vegetable Village
Unlike the majority of modern farmlands, Tra QueVegetable Village uses no toxins or pesticides in the cultivation of its crops. Farmers in the village plant seedlings by hand and harvest produce using ancient techniques that maintain the delicate freshness of everything grown.
- Things to do in Central Vietnam
- Things to do in My Son
- Things to do in Da Nang
- Things to do in Hue
- Things to do in Sanya
- Things to do in Nha Trang
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Ho Chi Minh City
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Can Tho
- Things to do in Krong Kaeb
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam
- Things to do in Mekong Delta
- Hoi An Ancient Town
- Green Bamboo Cooking School
- Hoi An Museum (Bao Tang Hoi An)
- Hoi An Silk Village (Lang Lua Hoi An)
- Cua Dai Beach (Bien Cua Dai)
- Hainan Assembly Hall (Hoi Quan Hai Nam)
- Quan Cong Temple
- Phuc Kien Assembly Hall (Fujian Assembly Hall)
- Hoi An Central Market (Cho Hoi An)
- Museum of Trade Ceramics
- Hoi An Handicraft Workshop
- Cantonese Assembly Hall (Hoi Quan Quang Dong)
- Tan Ky Old House
- Japanese Covered Bridge (Chua Cau)
- Museum of Sa Huynh Culture