Mahmya Island, a small island off the coast of Hurghada, offers access to some of the clearest, bluest waters of the Red Sea away from the busy nearby shores. Accessed by boat, the island has food and lounge facilities and places to get snorkel gear. Snorkeling in this area is a must, as the underwater life is bright, colorful and active and it is less crowded than in other snorkel spots.
An abundance of marine life awaits in the many reefs just below the water’s surface. Dozens of tropical fish and a variety of coral types can be seen just off the island’s beach. Dolphins are a frequent sighting and a highlight for many visitors to this area. Soak in the Egyptian sun on a white-sand beach and cool off with a dip in the calm, turquoise waters.
Mahmya Island Tours
Should I book Mahmya Island tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Mahmya Island 2021?
What's the best way to experience Mahmya Island?
- Snorkeling at Mahmya Island from Hurghada
- Mahmya Island Full Day Snorkeling -Hurghada
- Mahmya Island Snorkeling Sea Trip - Hurghada
- Mahmeya Island Full Day Snorkeling Sea Excursion - Hurghada German
Things to do near Hurghada
- Things to do in Red Sea
- Things to do in Safaga
- Things to do in Sharm el Sheikh
- Things to do in Saint Catherine
- Things to do in Dahab
- Things to do in Luxor
- Things to do in Marsa Alam
- Things to do in Aqaba
- Things to do in Eilat
- Things to do in Aswan
- Things to do in Petra
- Things to do in Cairo
- Things to do in Jerusalem
- Things to do in West Bank
- Things to do in Turkish Riviera