The Culloden Battlefield was the site of one of the last battles to take place on British soil. On April 16, 1746, Bonnie Prince Charlie and his army of 5,000 Jacobite Highlanders faced off against the Duke of Cumberland and 9,000 Hanoverian government troops. Though the Jacobites fought valiantly, they were ultimately defeated, resulting in the elimination of the Scottish clan system and the suppression of Highland culture. Today, the Culloden Battlefield Visitor Centre retells the events of that fateful day through interactive exhibits that put travelers in the thick of the action.
Culloden Battlefield Tours
What are Culloden Battlefield hours of operation?
Should I book Culloden Battlefield tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Culloden Battlefield 2021?
What's the best way to experience Culloden Battlefield?
- Highlander Loch Ness and Culloden Battlefield 8 Seater Tour from Inverness
- Full-Day Outlander Experience in the Scottish Highlands from Inverness
- Culloden Battlefield and all Points East
- Urquhart Castle, Culloden, Loch Ness, Inverness, incl. Outlander sites
Things to do near Inverness
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Westport
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Limerick
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in North West England