Eden Court Theatre and Cinema
Spread across three interconnected buildings, Eden Court is the largest combined arts center in Scotland. It has two theaters—the Empire seats 869 and the One Touch 275—as well as two multi-purpose studios, two cinemas (typically showing arthouse films), and three art galleries. You can also view permanent public art inside and outside the building. You’ll also find a shop, café/bar, and restaurant. To check the schedule, pick up a program from the foyer or check the website.
As the modern building is an attraction in itself, Eden Court is a typical stop on walking tours as well as a stop on hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus tours—ideal for those with limited time who want to check off as many sights as possible.
Things to know before you go
- Eden Court is a must-visit for culture vultures visiting the Highlands.
- The venue is wheelchair accessible.
- Programming includes subtitled, audio described, captioned, signed, autism-friendly, and dementia-friendly events.
How to get there
Eden Court is located on the banks of the River Ness, around a five-minute walk from the city center. If arriving in Inverness by bus or train, it’s about a 15-minute walk from the central Inverness Bus Station on Margaret Street or Inverness Train Station. If driving, paid parking is available behind the building.
When to get there
The building is open from 9am every day, year-round, and closes after the last performance or screening has finished, normally between 10pm and 11:30pm. It is closed on Christmas Day and New Year's Day. During the summer, the venue puts up a big stretch tent behind the building with a bar and stage inside.
Dining at Eden Court
The venue’s riverside setting gives its restaurant a relaxed atmosphere. Lunch and dinner menus are focused on Scottish produce sourced from local suppliers, such as Scottish beef and salmon, with daily specials. The café/bar is the ideal spot for light snacks and coffee, available all day, as well as pre-show drinks.
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in St. Andrews
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Dublin
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Limerick
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in North East England
- River Ness (Abhainn Nis)
- Inverness Castle
- Old High Church (Old High St. Stephen’s)
- Tomnahurich (Fairy Hill)
- Merkinch Local Nature Reserve
- Inverness Botanic Gardens (Floral Hall)
- Whin Park
- Culloden Battlefield
- Clava Cairns
- Chanonry Point
- Fort George
- Glen Ord Distillery
- Cawdor Castle and Gardens
- Loch Ness
- Urquhart Castle (Caisteal na Sròine)