Whin Park Tours and Activities
If you are in Inverness and want to spend a day out with the family, you will find a beautiful recreational area for just this purpose in Whin Park. Popular among tourists as well as locals, the site is especially great for kids due to the miniature Ness Islands Railway, a large play area and a boating pond.
The train is usually made of a diesel locomotive with long lines of benches attached behind it. If you are lucky though, a tiny steam engine will be in use to take you on the bell-shaped ride through the thick forested areas of the park. It was originally built in 1983, though the current track was finished a few years later to allow it to cross an old iron bridge in the park that was built in 1837.
For those looking for a nice walk, the park's loop trail circles the boating pond and should take about 30 minutes to complete. The pond itself is fit with rowing boats that can be rented out if you fancy paddling around a bit. And of course, there are few better places in Inverness to take an afternoon picnic than Whin Park.
Tours and Activities to Experience Whin Park
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Dublin
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Limerick
- Things to do in Stavanger
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in North West England