Aynalikavak Palace (Aynalikavak Kasri)
As one of several carefully preserved urban Ottoman palaces, Aynalikavak offers visitors the opportunity to see what a 17th-century sultan’s residence looked like. The lush grounds of the palace are open to the public and offer a break from the busy streets of Istanbul. There is a small museum of Turkish music and musical instruments inside the palace.
Sightseeing tours that take in Aynalikavak Palace often also stop by Dolmabahce Palace and include a Bosphorus cruise past other Ottoman-era palaces.
Things to Know Before You Go
Aynalikavak Palace is a must-visit for Ottoman history buffs.
There is a fee to enter the museum, but access to the grounds is free.
Wear comfortable shoes for walking around the palace.
How to Get There
Aynalikavak Palace is a brief walk uphill from the Haskoy ferry pier. Public buses pass by the palace, and taxis are a convenient way to arrive directly at the palace entrance.
When to Get There
The palace is open from morning to evening on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday through Sunday. Turkish and Muslim holidays can affect opening hours, so check with the palace ahead of time. Arrive in the morning to beat the crowds and explore at your leisure.
Istanbul’s Ottoman Palaces
Aynalikavak Palace is just one of the Ottoman-era residences that dot the city. Continue your exploration of the lavish palaces by visiting Dolmabahce Palace on the shores of the Bosphorus. Then cross to the Asian shore to visit Beylerbeyi Palace and continue up the coast of the strait to Kucuksu Palace.
- Things to do in Varna
- Things to do in Izmir
- Things to do in Pamukkale
- Things to do in Ankara
- Things to do in Constanta
- Things to do in Veliko Tarnovo
- Things to do in Selçuk
- Things to do in Kusadasi
- Things to do in Bucharest
- Things to do in Bodrum
- Things to do in Marmaris
- Things to do in Antalya
- Things to do in Black Sea Coast
- Things to do in Western Anatolia
- Things to do in Aegean Coast
- Rahmi M. Koc Museum (Rahmi M. Koç Müzesi)
- Fener District
- Obelisk of Theodosius
- Kariye Museum (Kariye Müzesi)
- Istanbul Museum of Modern Art (Istanbul Modern Sanat Müzesi)
- Pera Museum (Pera Müzesi)
- Istiklal Street (Istiklal Caddesi)
- St. Anthony of Padua Church (Sent Antuan Bazilikasi)
- Cicek Pasaji (Flower Passage)
- Mihrimah Sultan Mosque (Mihrimah Sultan Camii)
- Galatasaray High School (Galatasaray Lisesi)
- Galata Tower (Galata Kulesi)