Madame Tussauds Istanbul
Prebooking a Madame Tussauds Istanbul entrance ticket means you can skip the line and head straight inside to see famous Turkish figures and a range of pop celebrities, both national and international, crafted from wax. The Istanbul Tourist Pass also lets you skip the queues. Combination tickets are available for Madame Tussauds and the Sea Life Istanbul aquarium or Legoland Discovery Center, a popular choice for families with kids.
Things to Know Before You Go
Wear comfortable shoes for walking around the many exhibits.
For security reasons, only small bags or handbags are allowed in the building.
Madame Tussauds Istanbul is wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
Madame Tussauds is located along İstiklal Caddesi in Istanbul’s Taksim district. If you’re sightseeing in the city on an Istanbul hop-on hop-off tour, get off at nearby at Taksim Square. It’s possible to make the around 15-minute walk up from Galata, which is a little less than a mile (1.2 kilometers) away. The closest metro station is Taksim (Line M2).
When to Get There
Madame Tussauds is open year-round, but those hoping to avoid the crowds should visit outside of peak summer season or opt for an early morning visit on a weekday. Note that the last admission is two hours before closing.
Photo Opportunities at Madame Tussauds
As well as taking a walk through Turkish history, from the Ottoman Empire to the Turkish Republic, and spotting Turkish icons like Ataturk and Rumi, Madame Tussauds Istanbul has plenty of internationally famous faces to snap a selfie with. Pose beside Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Marilyn Monroe, and Johnny Depp; spot pop stars including Beyonce, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, and Madonna; or meet beloved movie characters like E.T and Shrek.
- Things to do in Varna
- Things to do in Izmir
- Things to do in Pamukkale
- Things to do in Ankara
- Things to do in Constanta
- Things to do in Veliko Tarnovo
- Things to do in Selçuk
- Things to do in Kusadasi
- Things to do in Bucharest
- Things to do in Bodrum
- Things to do in Marmaris
- Things to do in Antalya
- Things to do in Black Sea Coast
- Things to do in Western Anatolia
- Things to do in Aegean Coast
- Cicek Pasaji (Flower Passage)
- Galatasaray High School (Galatasaray Lisesi)
- Aga Turkish Bath (Aga Hamami)
- St. Anthony of Padua Church (Sent Antuan Bazilikasi)
- Istiklal Street (Istiklal Caddesi)
- Museum of Innocence (Masumiyet Müzesi)
- Pera Museum (Pera Müzesi)
- Taksim Square (Taksim Meydani)
- Istanbul Museum of Modern Art (Istanbul Modern Sanat Müzesi)
- Galata Mevlevi Museum (Galata Mevlevihanesi Müzesi)
- Galata Tower (Galata Kulesi)
- Military Museum and Cultural Center Command (Askeri Müze)
- Dolmabahce Palace (Dolmabahce Sarayi)
- Eminonu Pier (Eminönü Iskelesi)