Sakip Sabanci Museum
Explore the museum on a guided (English tours must be pre-booked) or self-guided tour, and take in highlights include the painting, calligraphy, and furniture and decorative arts collections. To make the most of your time, plan one to two hours to explore the museum, enjoy lunch at the museum’s waterfront restaurant, and then take a stroll through the nearby Emirgan Park.
Things to Know Before You Go
There is an admission fee for the Sakip Sabanci Museum.
The museum has a gift shop and a restaurant with a view across the Bosphorus.
The museum is fully wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
The Sakip Sabanci Museum is located in Istanbul’s northern Emirgan neighborhood, on the European bank of the Bosphorus. It’s around a 40-minute drive or taxi ride from Sultanahmet in central Istanbul, and buses run from Taksim (40, 40T, or 42T) and Kabataş (22, 22RE, or 25E). The most scenic way to arrive is by boat—Dentur-Avrasya ferries stop in Emirgan, within walking distance of the museum.
When to Get There
The museum is open daily, except Mondays, year-round. Head there on a Wednesday to benefit from free entrance and late night opening (until 8pm).
Temporary Exhibitions at Sakip Sabanci Museum
The Sakip Sabanci Museum hosts a number of popular temporary exhibitions throughout the year, with past events including exhibitions of Monet and Rembrandt and a collection of works by sculptor Anish Kapoor. The museum’s adjoining concert hall also hosts a number of classical concerts. Check for current events and displays before you visit so you won't miss a thing.
- Things to do in Varna
- Things to do in Izmir
- Things to do in Pamukkale
- Things to do in Ankara
- Things to do in Constanta
- Things to do in Veliko Tarnovo
- Things to do in Selçuk
- Things to do in Kusadasi
- Things to do in Bucharest
- Things to do in Bodrum
- Things to do in Marmaris
- Things to do in Antalya
- Things to do in Black Sea Coast
- Things to do in Western Anatolia
- Things to do in Aegean Coast
- Emirgan Park (Emirgan Korusu)
- Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge
- Borusan Contemporary
- Istinye Park
- Rumeli Fortress (Rumeli Hisari)
- Ural Ataman Classic Car Museum
- Küçüksu Palace (Küçüksu Kasri)
- Maiden’s Tower (Kiz Kulesi)
- Istanbul Sapphire
- Sadberk Hanim Museum (Sadberk Hanım Müzesi)
- Yildiz Palace Museum (Yildiz Sarayi Müzesi)
- Beylerbeyi Palace (Beylerbeyi Sarayi)
- Bosphorus Bridge (Bogazici Koprusu)
- Anadolu Kavagi