Most travelers visit MinNature Malaysia independently, and since new displays are put up every week, no two visits are the same. As the displays of miniature models are barrierless, visitors can get a close-up look at the detail that has gone into their creation. Kids enjoy following a “treasure hunt” around the museum, following clues to find particular locations. Also be sure to check out the multimedia room, photo booth, master-builder workshop, and souvenir shop.
Things to Know Before You Go
Photography is allowed, and even encouraged.
Ticket promotions and discounts are often announced on MinNature Malaysia’s website and Facebook page.
Kids below the age of 4 get free entry to MinNature Malaysia.
Malaysian nationals pay a lower entry fee than foreigners.
How to Get There
MinNature Malaysia is located in Subang Jaya, about a 20-minute drive or 40-minute bus/train ride southwest of central Kuala Lumpur. It’s located on Level 4 of the Summit USJ Shopping Complex, in the center of Subang Jaya.
When to Get There
MinNature Malaysia is open every day from midmorning until early evening. It is particularly busy on the weekends, so to avoid the crowds, visit midweek if possible.
Sunway Lagoon Theme Park
Another fun, family-friendly attraction to check out while visiting or staying in the Subang Jaya area is the Sunway Lagoon Theme Park. This water park (with some dry activities, too) is a great way to cool off in Kuala Lumpur’s heat. The park has waterslides, a pirate ship, a wave pool, a surf beach, and more.
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Medan
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Hat Yai
- Things to do in Ko Lipe
- Things to do in Ko Lanta
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in Phuket
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Kuching
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Sunway Lagoon
- Thean Hou Temple
- Kuala Lumpur Bird Park (Taman Burung Kuala Lumpur))
- Templer Park
- Kuala Lumpur Little India (Jalan Masjid India)
- National Museum
- Port Klang (Kuala Lumpur Cruise Port)
- Perdana Botanical Garden (Lake Gardens)
- King's Palace (Istana Negara)
- Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia
- Kuala Lumpur National Monument (Tugu Negara)
- National Mosque of Malaysia (Masjid Negara)
- Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park
- Jamek Mosque (Masjid Jamek)