Port Klang (Kuala Lumpur Cruise Port)
As Malaysia's capital city, Kuala Lumpur is a melting pot of Chinese, Indian, and Malay cultures and Buddhist, Hindu, and Islamic religions. On arrival at the cruise port, travelers generally head out on a sightseeing tour—with round-trip transportation included—of the city's most photogenic attractions, which include the Batu Caves and the twin Petronas Towers. Opting for a private shore excursion means you can customize your itinerary and make the most of limited time in Kuala Lumpur as you visit only the sights that capture your interest.
Things to Know Before You Go
Most cruise liners in Port Klang dock at the Pulau Indah terminal, home to covered walkways, Wi-Fi, restaurants, duty-free shops, and restrooms.
The majority of Kuala Lumpur shore excursions include pickup and drop-off from the port.
Port Klang's distance from the city center means most shore excursions involve a few hours of travel time.
If you don’t have much time in the area, there’s a forest park and shopping mall a short drive from the port.
How to Get to Kuala Lumpur From the Kuala Lumpur Cruise Port
The easiest way to reach Kuala Lumpur is on organized tours that include round-trip transportation, which most Kuala Lumpur shore excursions offer. Alternatively, you can take a chartered taxi into the center of Kuala Lumpur or rent a car.
The terminal has a taxi counter, free Wi-Fi, a lounge, and more. ATMs and money exchange bureaus are also plentiful, and the official currency is the ringgit. The official language is Malay, but English is widely spoken at the port.
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Medan
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Hat Yai
- Things to do in Ko Lipe
- Things to do in Ko Lanta
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in Phuket
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Kuching
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- National Museum
- Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia
- Perdana Botanical Garden (Lake Gardens)
- National Mosque of Malaysia (Masjid Negara)
- Kuala Lumpur Little India (Jalan Masjid India)
- Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park
- Templer Park
- Jamek Mosque (Masjid Jamek)
- Kuala Lumpur Railway Station
- Kuala Lumpur National Monument (Tugu Negara)
- Sri Mahamariamman Temple
- Kuala Lumpur City Gallery
- Central Market (Pasar Seni)
- Merdeka Square (Dataran Merdeka)
- Illusion 3D Art Museum