Few places on earth are more breathtakingly beautiful than Fall in Tofucku-ji Temple. During cool autumn months travelers and locals make the journey to this Zen temple in southeastern Kyoto that’s known for its incredible colors and brilliant Japanese maples. Visitors climb to the top of Tsutenkyo Bridge, which stretches across a colorful valley full of lush fall foliage in fiery reds and shocking oranges.
Visitors who make their way to Tofuku-ji other times of year can still wander beautiful temple grounds and explore places like the Hojo, where the head priest used to reside. Well-kept rock gardens provide the perfect spot for quiet contemplation and a stone path near the Kaisando is lined with brightly colored flowers and fresh greenery that’s almost as beautiful as the Japanese maples this temple is famous for.
Tofuku-ji Temple Tours
What are Tofuku-ji Temple hours of operation?
Should I book Tofuku-ji Temple tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Tofuku-ji Temple 2021?
What's the best way to experience Tofuku-ji Temple?
- Biking Tour in Kyoto
- South Kyoto in a Nutshell: Gentle Backstreet Bike Tour!
- Kyoto Private Custom Walking & Sightseeing Tour
- Fushimi Inari Hidden Hiking Tour
Things to do near Kyoto
- Things to do in Kansai Prefecture
- Things to do in Osaka
- Things to do in Izumisano
- Things to do in Nagano
- Things to do in Kamakura
- Things to do in Kawagoe
- Things to do in Tokyo
- Things to do in Musashino
- Things to do in Chiba
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Seoul
- Things to do in Incheon
- Things to do in Osaka Prefecture
- Things to do in Nagano Prefecture
- Things to do in Kanagawa Prefecture