Love Park (Parque del Amor)
At the center of the beautifully landscaped park stands a sculpture by the famous Peruvian sculptor Víctor Delfín (who lives just south of the park in Barranco) entitled El Beso (The Kiss). Come here on Valentine’s Day, to watch young couples compete in a longest kiss contest staged by the statue.
Travelers may enjoy the park as part of a tour including private, group, half-day, or full-day walking and cycling tours. Tours may incorporate the rest of the Miraflores district including the fanciful Magic Water Circuit, the high-end Larcomar shopping mall, and the pre-Columbian Huaca Pucllana complex. More extensive tours may explore the nearby Pachacámac Archeological Complex. Themed tours cover architecture and the food scene, and at night, may include a folkloric dinner show.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Suitable for solo travelers, couples, families.
- Tours may include round trip hotel transfer and meals.
- Check tours for specific details.
- The park is well-lit and safe at night.
How to Get There
Love Park (Parque del Amor) is on Malecón Cisneros in the Miraflores district of Lima. Shoppers at Larcomar shopping center should make the 15-minute walk along Malecón de la Reserva that hugs the coastline to reach the park. From Barranco, the best way is to take a taxi north; expect about 10-15 minutes.
When to Get There
Parque del Amor is open year-round. Anytime is a nice time to go, especially in the evenings for the magical sunsets over the Pacific Ocean. In general, the best time to visit Lima is wintertime (May–September), when there is the least amount of rain, especially important if planning a trip to Cusco or trek to Machu Picchu. The summer months (December–March) are warmer, but wetter, and in Lima especially, quite foggy.
Limeño Arist Víctor Delfín
Victor Delfin is considered Peru’s most accomplished painter and sculptor and certainly one of the country’s most important, living or dead, winning every conceivable honor. In his 90s, he is still going strong, working every day in his oceanfront home studio in Barranco. His bold and vividly colored paintings and sculptures have been shown in major museums across South America, North America, and Europe.
- Magic Water Circuit
- Park of the Reserve (Parque de la Reserva)
- Church and Convent of Saint Francis (Iglesia y Convento de San Francisco)
- Lima Art Museum (Museo de Arte de Lima - MALI)
- Plaza San Martin
- San Pedro Church (Iglesia de San Pedro)
- Cathedral of Lima (Catedral de Lima)
- Lima Plaza Mayor
- Archbishop’s Palace of Lima
- Historic Centre of Lima (Centro Historico de Lima)
- Municipal Palace (City Hall of Lima)
- Presidential Palace
- Sanctuary of Las Nazarenas (Iglesia de las Nazarenas)
- Iglesia de Santo Domingo
- Huaca Huallamarca (Pan de Azucar)