Perhaps one of France’s most breathtaking castles, this beautiful grey stone structure appears to be floating on the placid waters of the Indre River. Built between 1518 and 1527, Château d’Azay-le-Rideau was once considered the premier example of French renaissance architecture. In 1905 it became a designated historical monument and later, the castle was included in the Loire Valley UNESCO World Heritage site.
After taking in the impressive exterior, travelers can explore the rich interior, which is comprised of old-world drawing rooms, apartments, a kitchen and bedrooms decorated in 19th-century style. In addition to being a stunning example of French architecture and history, Château d’Azay-le-Rideau is also home to a large collection of artwork.
Tours and tickets to Experience Château d’Azay-le-Rideau
What are Château d’Azay-le-Rideau hours of operation?
Should I book Château d’Azay-le-Rideau tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Château d’Azay-le-Rideau 2021?
What's the best way to experience Château d’Azay-le-Rideau?
- 4 DAYS 3 NIGHTS - Wine, Dine & Castle Tours Loire Valley
- 5 DAYS 4 NIGHTS - Wine, Dine & Castle Tours Loire Valley
- Two days in Loire Valley Castels, five palaces and a night in Amboise
- LOIRE VALLEY: Your selection of three castles to visit (Day-trip from PARIS)
Things to do near Loire Valley
- Things to do in Nantes
- Things to do in Normandy
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in Aquitaine
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Le Havre
- Things to do in Paris
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Champagne
- Things to do in Burgundy
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in Midi-Pyrénées
- Things to do in South West England