Known as the longest river in France, the Loire winds past epic medieval castles, breathtaking French countryside and vast vineyards famous for their sparkling whites and bold reds. Travelers who float down this scenic stretch (which was officially recognized by UNESCO in 2000) will find diverse wildlife, temperate climates and a wide variety of plant and tree species along the idyllic shores.
The river loops through 12 departments of France and streams past quiet towns and lively cities, making it an ideal route for visitors looking to explore the Loire Valley. History lovers architectural buffs will find more than 1,000 chateaux sprinkled along the river’s edge and nature enthusiasts can comb through the Foret d’Orleans, largest forest in France, which sits at the center of the Loire region.
Tours and tickets to Experience Loire River
Should I book Loire River tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Loire River 2021?
What's the best way to experience Loire River?
- Loire Valley: Wine Tasting & Tour at the Winery
- 2-Day Loire Valley Castles Tour from Paris
- Wine and Cheese Day Trip in Loire Valley Region from Paris
- Private Full Day Tour to Loire Valley from Paris with Hotel Pick Up
Things to do near Loire Valley
- Things to do in Nantes
- Things to do in Normandy
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in Aquitaine
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Le Havre
- Things to do in Paris
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Champagne
- Things to do in Burgundy
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in Midi-Pyrénées
- Things to do in South West England