Adelphi Theatre Tours
Read MoreShow Less
One of the West End's most storied venues, the Adelphi Theatre is both an architectural icon and a top cultural landmark. Famed for its art deco design, the theater dates back over 200 years, though the version that stands today debuted in 1930. The Adelphi has hosted an array of top productions, from My Fair Lady to The Bodyguard.
Located on the Strand, just steps away from always-bustling Trafalgar Square, the Adelphi Theatre is one of London’s most prominent cultural venues. Though the present-day theater dates to the 1930s, it’s actually the fourth such venue to stand on the site, the earliest of which was the Sans Pareil, opened in 1806. Over the course of its history, the Adelphi has hosted numerous major productions, with a focus on musicals and comedies. Previous shows range from Evita, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, and Damn Yankees to Sweeney Todd and Kinky Boots.
The Adelphi Theatre can be glimpsed on various walking and driving tours of London, given its convenient location in Covent Garden. It’s also simple to purchase advance tickets to one of its performances.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The Adelphi Theatre is fully accessible to wheelchair users; assistance dogs are also welcome.
- The theater has a coatroom, which charges a small fee for each item checked.
- There are several bars and kiosks in the theater, should you wish to order refreshments during intermission; an in-seat service is also available for those with limited mobility.
- Advance tickets can be purchased by phone, online, or at the theater’s box office.
- The Adelphi has a roughly 1,400-person capacity, divided across three levels.
How to Get There
The Adelphi Theatre can be reached by numerous forms of transit. If using the London Underground, take the Piccadilly line to Covent Garden station, the Northern or Bakerloo line to Charing Cross station, or the District or Circle line to Embankment station. Alternatively, take a mainline train to Charing Cross station; use bus line 6, 9, 11, 13, 15, 23, 87, 91, 139, or 176; or travel on foot, by bike, or by car.
When to Get There
The theater’s box office is open from 10am to 7:45pm, Monday to Saturday. It’s recommended to arrive 30 minutes prior to showtime, to give yourself time to navigate the lines, check your coat, grab a drink, and find your seat.
Looking to kill time before your performance? The Adelphi Theatre is conveniently located near many of the city’s top tourist destinations, including Trafalgar Square, Somerset House, the National Gallery, the National Portrait Gallery, and Whitehall.
Address: WC2R 0NS, London, England
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Adelphi Theatre
No results found!
Things to do near London
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Chatham
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Brighton
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in Cardiff
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Ghent
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais