With its location at the Hollywood & Highland shopping and entertainment center, the Dolby Theatre is in the heart of the Hollywood action and easy to visit during a day of sightseeing. Purchase your ticket online for the 30-minute theater tour to ensure your admission to the popular site, or opt for a walking tour to see it among other Hollywood attractions with a guide. If you’re short on time, many Los Angeles sightseeing tours include a drive-by of the theater.
During the theater tour, you can see a real Oscar statuette, visit the lounge and other places where movie stars have stepped foot, and even stand on the stage if there is nothing going on that day. Along the way, a guide tells you stories about the A-list events that have taken place here.
Things to know before you go
- The Dolby Theatre is a must for movie buffs and pop culture enthusiasts.
- The theater walking tour includes several flights of stairs.
- Those with disabilities can be accommodated if you advise the theater when you purchase your ticket.
How to get there
The Dolby Theatre is located on Hollywood Boulevard at the northwest corner of Highland Avenue. Via public transport, you can get there on the Metro Red Line, which stops at Hollywood & Highland. Tours start from the Level 2 entrance.
When to get there
Theater tours generally take place from late morning to late afternoon, depending on the theater’s events on any given day. There are no tours in the weeks leading up to the Oscars, as well as several other periods during the year. To visit the theater for a show or other performance, check the schedule on the theater website.
A couple doors down from the Dolby Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard is a much older Hollywood landmark—the TCL Chinese Theatre, formerly known as Grauman’s Chinese Theatre. Opened in 1927, the theater has hosted movie premieres and past Academy Awards and is now home to an IMAX theater.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona
- El Capitan Theatre
- Hard Rock Café Hollywood
- TCL Chinese Theatre
- Hollywood & Highland
- Madame Tussauds Hollywood
- Hollywood Guinness World Records Museum
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! Hollywood
- Hollywood Museum
- Hollywood Wax Museum Los Angeles
- Egyptian Theatre
- The Magic Castle
- Runyon Canyon Park
- Hollywood Hills
- Hollywood Walk of Fame