Temple of Hatshepsut (at Deir el-Bahari) Tours and Activities
The vast Temple of Hatshepsut (at Deir el-Bahari) rivals the Pyramids as one of the great funerary monuments of the ancient world. Built into the towering cliff face which shelter the Valley of the Kings on the other side, it rises on three enormous terraces connected by ramps, each level marked with a colonnade of stark, largely unadorned square pillars.
Its namesake was one of the few female pharaohs of ancient Egypt, who not unfairly called her monument “Splendor of Splendors”. However, much of the construction dated from earlier rulers, starting with Mentuhotep II in 2050 BC. Numerous sphinxes and other statues have since disappeared, making the whole structure appear even more monolithic.
The cool stone interior provides welcome relief from the pitiless heat of this region, and features well-preserved wall reliefs and hieroglyphics, some in brilliant colors.
The Temple of Hatshepsut is near the Valley of the Kings, on the western side of the Nile in the mortuary temple complex of Deir el-Bahari.
554 Tours and Activities to Experience Temple of Hatshepsut (at Deir el-Bahari)
Frequently Asked Questions
- West Bank classic (valley of the kings - queen Hatshepsut temple -Memnon status)
- Full Day Tour to East and West Banks of Luxor
- 4-Days 3-Nights Cruise From Aswan To Luxor including Abu Simbel Hot Air Balloon
- 5-Day 4-Night - 5 Star Deluxe Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan - Private Tour
Things to do near Luxor
- Things to do in Safaga
- Things to do in Aswan
- Things to do in Hurghada
- Things to do in Marsa Alam
- Things to do in Sharm el Sheikh
- Things to do in Saint Catherine
- Things to do in Dahab
- Things to do in Abu Simbel
- Things to do in Eilat
- Things to do in Cairo
- Things to do in Jerusalem
- Things to do in Tel Aviv
- Things to do in Red Sea
- Things to do in West Bank
- Things to do in Turkish Riviera