Al Fateh Grand Mosque Tours and Activities
Al Fateh Grand Mosque is the largest mosque in Bahrain, with the ability to hold up to 7000 worshippers at any one time. The mosque was built using marble from Italy, teak wood from India, and glass from Austria, and its fiberglass dome in the largest in the world. The walls of the mosque are ornately decorated with Kufic calligraphy carved by local Bahraini craftspeople.
Tours begin in the library just inside the main entrance, where women will be given a black cloak and headscarf to wear for their visit. For non-worshippers, a tour of the mosque means learning about and observing various aspects of religious etiquette, as well as marveling at the mosque’s exquisite architecture and interior design.
A trip to Al Fateh Grand Mosque is best enjoyed as part of a day tour of Bahrain’s main highlights, such as the Bahrain National Museum, Arad Fort, Al Areen Wildlife Park, and the Bahrain International Circuit. Other day tours combine a visit to Al Fateh Grand Mosque with the Bait Al-Qur’an Museum, the Royal Camel Farm at Janabiya, the Burial Mounds, and Manama Souq.
Tours and Activities to Experience Al Fateh Grand Mosque
Frequently Asked Questions
- Catch the Essence of Manama - Half Day City Tour
- Discover Bahrain in one Day
- Full-Day Bahrain Guided Tour
- Bahrain Historical Private Half Day Tour
- Things to do in Doha
- Things to do in Abu Dhabi
- Things to do in Kuwait City
- Things to do in Dubai
- Things to do in Sharjah
- Things to do in Umm Al Quwain
- Things to do in Ras Al Khaimah
- Things to do in Muscat
- Things to do in West Bank
- Things to do in Red Sea
- Things to do in Turkish Black Sea Coast
- Things to do in Cappadocia
- Things to do in Gujarat