Things to Do in Melbourne This Fall
During the fall months of March through May, the weather in Melbourne can be unpredictable. Warm, sunny days are interspersed with rain showers and cool nights, so it’s best to plan for all eventualities. Here are some suggestions for how to enjoy autumn in Australia’s second city.
- See the city from above regardless of the weather with a skip-the-line admission ticket to Eureka Skydeck 88 ; upgrade to get your adrenaline fix on Vertigo or the Edge.
- Beat the rain at some of Melbourne’s kid-friendly indoor attractions, which include SEA LIFE® Melbourne Aquarium Centre and the Legoland Discovery Centre —book admission tickets in advance to avoid waiting in line.
- Get spooked on a ghost tour that covers the notoriously haunted Old Melbourne Gaol.
- Experience Melbourne’s trendy food scene on a market tour that showcases the city’s diversity.
- Browse the high-fashion boutiques of the Lanes and Arcades on a shopping tour.
- Catch the sunset during a cruise on the Yarra River ; opt for either a dinner cruise or one with coffee.
- Admire the fall colors of Melbourne’s Royal Botanic Garden on a walking tour that focuses on Australian Aboriginal heritage.