Estrella Biopark (Bioparque Estrella)
Since opening in 2000, Bioparque Estrella has been popular with families in Mexico City, Queretaro, and Michoacán. While you can make your way there independently, tour options including round-trip transportation are also available, as are time-saving skip-the-line tickets. Once inside the park, explore the dinosaur exhibit, slide down an icy toboggan, and even learn about mining in Mexico, among other things. Small children enjoy the petting zoo.
Things to Know Before You Go
Bioparque Estrella makes for an informative, full day of fun for travelers of all ages.
Some areas of Bioparque Estrella are inaccessible to wheelchairs.
How to Get There
Bioparque Estrella is situated about an hour by car outside of Mexico City. Head north on the Mexico-Queretaro highway, then turn off toward Jilotepec. In 19 miles (30 kilometers) you’ll arrive at the park. Bioparque Estrella isn’t easily reached via public transit. For a hassle-free day trip, sign up for a tour that offers round-trip transportation.
When to Get There
Bioparque Estrella is typically open every day except Monday, morning till evening. One of Central Mexico’s largest theme parks, Bioparque Estrella is often busiest on weekends and during school holidays—stop by midweek for fewer crowds.
Animals to Look Out for at Bioparque Estrella, Mexico
While you can interact with plenty of animals during a visit to Bioparque Estrella, elephants, giraffes, and zebras are some of the main draws. You’ll also find sea lion and macaw demonstrations.
- Things to do in Central Mexico
- Things to do in Taxco
- Things to do in Acapulco
- Things to do in Puerto Escondido
- Things to do in Puerto Vallarta
- Things to do in Monterrey
- Things to do in South Padre Island
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in Guerrero
- Things to do in Oaxaca
- Things to do in Jalisco
- Things to do in Western Highlands
- Latin-American Tower (Torre Latinoamericana)
- Arena Mexico
- Inbursa Aquarium
- Soumaya Museum (Plaza Carso)
- Jumex Museum (Museo Jumex)
- KidZania Santa Fe
- National Museum of Anthropology (Museo Nacional de Antropología)
- Chapultepec Park (Bosque de Chapultepec)
- La Feria Chapultepec
- Santa María la Ribera
- Tamayo Museum (Museo Tamayo)
- Papalote Children's Museum (Papalote Museo del Niño)
- Mexico City Museum of Modern Art (Museo de Arte Moderno)
- Museum of Modern Art (Museo de Arte Moderno)