Sesamo Park Plaza (Parque Plaza Sesamo)
In the heart of Fundidora Park, the Sesame Street-themed Parque Plaza Sesamo is a nostalgic and family-friendly day out. Here, you can meet and greet iconic characters such as Elmo and the Cookie Monster; explore Count von Count’s Castle; and make a splash in the waterpark zones.
To maximize your time in the park, book your admission ticket in advance. Then, dedicate the day to exploring the three zones: VillaSésamo, Isla Aventura, and Aquamundo. Stop to interact with Elmo or watch shows featuring other Sesame Street characters. Ride the fairground rides in VillaSésamo and explore Count von Count’s Castle before cooling off on the slides and rapids of Aquamundo or in Isla Aventura’s Wave Pool.
Things to Know Before You Go
For families with young children, Parque Plaza Sesamo is a must; kids less than 90cm enter for free.
Save time on the day by booking your admission tickets in advance.
The waterpark zones of Aquamundo and Isla Aventura are only open during the summer months.
Parque Plaza Sesamo is wheelchair accessible, although not all rides are.
How to Get There
Located in Fundidora Park, Parque Plaza Sesamo is within easy reach of Monterrey city center. If arriving by car, you can park in the parking lot, which costs MXN$20 per hour. Alternatively, reach Parque Plaza Sesamo by metro; disembark at Y Griega station, which is a 10-minute walk away from the park.
When to Get There
Parque Plaza Sesamo is typically open from 10am-9pm daily, although the park often opens later and closes earlier on weekends and holidays. Check the official website before visiting. To enjoy the water park elements at Parque Plaza Sesamo, visit in summer but avoid Mexican national holidays when it’s busiest.
Explore Fundidora Park
After spending a few hours in Parque Plaza Sesamo, be sure to explore the surrounding Fundidora Park. As one of Monterrey’s largest urban areas, Fundidora Park is filled with attractions; highlights include Horno 3, which pays homage to the park’s steel heritage, and an indoor ice rink. Music festivals are often held here in summer.
- Things to do in South Padre Island
- Things to do in San Antonio
- Things to do in Houston
- Things to do in Galveston
- Things to do in Mexico City
- Things to do in Puerto Vallarta
- Things to do in Taxco
- Things to do in Dallas
- Things to do in Acapulco
- Things to do in San Jose del Cabo
- Things to do in Texas
- Things to do in Jalisco
- Things to do in Central Mexico
- Things to do in Guerrero
- Fundidora Park
- Macroplaza (La Gran Plaza)
- St. Lucia Riverwalk (Paseo Santa Lucia)
- Glass Museum (Museo del Vidrio)
- Calle Morelos
- Barrio Antiguo (Old Town)
- Mexican Baseball Hall of Fame (Salón de la Fama)
- Metropolitan Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana)
- Mirador del Obispado (Bishop’s Lookout)
- Plaza Fiesta San Agustin
- Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma Brewery (Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma)
- State Museum of Popular Cultures (Museo Estatal de Culturas Populares)
- Monterrey City Hall (Palacio Municipal)
- Chipinque Ecological Park (Parque Ecológico Chipinque)
- Villa de Santiago