Point Nepean National Park
One of Victoria’s most significant landscapes, Point Nepean National Park spans more than 1,000 acres (560 hectares) on the pristine Mornington Peninsula. Visitors can immerse themselves in the coastal views and native grasslands while exploring the rich history of the park. What began as indigenous land became one of the earliest European settlements in Victoria during 1845, then a quarantine station before the site turned into a military center. In addition to its rich culture, the park is host to a world of marine life, including emerald-colored sea shrubs and invertebrates.
Discover Victorian landmarks, such as the park’s highest point, Cheviot Hill, overlooking the jetty where Prime Minister Harold Holt disappeared in 1967. History buffs can visit Fort Nepean for panoramic views and explore military fortifications used in both World Wars. Numerous hiking trails and beach walks of varied length start in the park. To get the most out of your trip, visit the park’s information center for a self-guided walk brochure or audio tour equipment.
Point Nepean National Park Tours
What are Point Nepean National Park hours of operation?
Should I book Point Nepean National Park tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Point Nepean National Park 2021?
What's the best way to experience Point Nepean National Park?
- Self-Guided Point Nepean National Park Bike Tour for Two
- Half-Day or Full-Day Tour with Private Guide from Melbourne
- Mornington Peninsula and Port Phillip Coast Helicopter Tour
- 3 Day Private Tour Of Phillip Island, Great Ocean Road & Mornington Peninsula
Things to do near Mornington Peninsula
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Phillip Island
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Great Ocean Road
- Things to do in Burnie
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Seven Mile Beach
- Things to do in Port Arthur
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales